JD 3038E vs Kubota L3200

/ JD 3038E vs Kubota L3200 #51  
You're right...it's not correct. The only tractors Kubota makes at KMA are the BX series machines. The KIE facility was reassembling the other lines (L, G, MX) that were made in Japan until last year. In April of 2012 an expansion of KIE was opened, and they've started making 30-50hp CUTs there, but it's not clear if that facility is up to 100% yet.

Thats not really right either. KMA builds BX, T, GR, ZD, ZG, RTV. KIE does mostly implements and assembly on M and TLB (KMA and KIE are adjacent to each other). A new factory was just opened in the last year that does standard L. Like KMA, engines and transmission are imported, but the rest of the assembly happens here. Its not just bolting the wheels on.

There is nothing in California.

/ JD 3038E vs Kubota L3200 #52  
Thats not really right either. KMA builds BX, T, GR, ZD, ZG, RTV. KIE does mostly implements and assembly on M and TLB (KMA and KIE are adjacent to each other). A new factory was just opened in the last year that does standard L. Like KMA, engines and transmission are imported, but the rest of the assembly happens here. Its not just bolting the wheels on.

I was talking about ag tractors not RTVs, zero turn mowers, lawn tractors, etc....the only ag tractors built at KMA are sub-compact BX series machines.

KMA and KIE aren't "adjacent" to one another, they're 20 miles apart.

The "new factory" is an expansion of KIE that opened about 8 months ago (April). Yes, they make the L series machines there, not at KMA like you previously stated. Until a few months ago, the L series machines that went through KIE were reassembled machines that were built in Japan. Kubota isn't saying if KIE is now assembling 100% of the machines up to 50hp for the U.S. market, or some are still assembled in Japan and shipped here, but they have stated that is the ultimate goal. It's pretty clear that everything larger than that must still be made in Japan according to their website and press releases.

I don't believe they have a foundry there, so really, they're an assembly plant, not a "manufacturing" plant, if someone wanted to get super picky....they bolt together parts that are sourced from all over the place. Even the car companies have changed terms to call them assembly plants, because normally nothing is actually made on site.

I never said anything about California.

/ JD 3038E vs Kubota L3200 #53  

From '05, so not sure if it's still current...

http://www.kubota.com/F/AboutKubota/prl60.cfm

/ JD 3038E vs Kubota L3200
I am going to briefly hijack my own hijacked thread, if that's okay. :rolleyes:

Purchased the JD 3038E Saturday morning. $1900 less than the L3200 was too much to overcome, along with some very aggressive pricing on a Frontier cutter and Woods box blade.

Will be delivered Saturday. Can't wait to get it muddy!

/ JD 3038E vs Kubota L3200 #55  
Congrats on the new ride, you should be very happy with it.

/ JD 3038E vs Kubota L3200 #56  
My L3800 was assembled in the USA with a made in the USA front loader and tires. One reason I opted for the Kubota was the bobtach quik tach that is a more universally used.

/ JD 3038E vs Kubota L3200 #57  
Congrats on the new tractor! Hope you enjoy it :D

/ JD 3038E vs Kubota L3200 #58  
I bought a John Deere 3032e due to price and resell being a john deere. I have a great dealer for John Deere 45 min away. I do agree I don't like the aluminum rear end and it isn't as heavy built as my old Farmtrac 3130 which is the same model as the LS 3033. I would have loved to own another LS but resell value scared me along with dealer network. Kubotas are great I like them I also considered a L3200 and it was apples to apples between it and the John Deere. I would look hardhat Kioti also.

/ JD 3038E vs Kubota L3200 #59  
The aluminum gear housing just wouldn't work for me.

/ JD 3038E vs Kubota L3200 #60  
What is the value in an aluminum housing? I thought aluminum was primarily used over iron or steel for weight reduction, which has a negative correlation to tractor performance. It's noticeably more expensive for aluminum than iron or steel. Is it just that much easier to machine it ends up being cheaper than iron?