Case IH 50B

/ Case IH 50B #1  

gurkina

Tractor
none
Recently started looking for a new compact tractor to purchase. I have looked at the New Holland Boomer 35 & 40, Massey Ferguson 1736, and Case IH 50B. The Case seems to be a great tractor but I can't find many reviews on these and not many people in my area own the smaller models. The tractors are a little pricey but not really much more than some of these other models, including similar John Deere and Kubotas. Any suggestions on which brand I should buy? The Case and New Holland are at the top or my list right now.

/ Case IH 50B #3  
So, interestingly, you chose an Iseki (the Massey, built by Iseki and imported by Massey) and two LS models (LS builds both the NH Boomer line, new WorkMaster line, and the Case Farmall B lines!). The Case 50B is the same as the Boomer 50, which is a rebadged LS R4047 with the NH/Case Loader. I have both brands (Massey & LS) and I like them both. Keep in mind, the Massey 17xx series is the new Tier4 series (new emissions requirements) and will cost more (and be more complex due to emissions) than the previous 16xx series. The LS Rxxxx series, the Boomer 35,40,50 series, and the Case 50B series will all still be Tier3, which is a huge bonus if there's still any left. The Massey in my opinion is a more "deluxe" tractor but the LS ones are very reliable, and are earning a loyal & growing fan base (just check the forum here). If you are truly interested in the LS builds, either the NH or Case versions, it would behoove you to try to shop at an LS dealer directly, as the same machine will come with a stronger loader, more options (draft control and 2 standard remotes) and for thousands $$$$ LESS than the Case/NH units.

---

and hey deerseeker001... I just drove thru your state to pickup my new Massey last week. That was my first time driving thru Wisconsin. It's a very pretty state. I didn't realize it was so "hilly" with lots of nice elevation changes. Very surprised.

/ Case IH 50B
Thanks a lot for the reply. I actually hooked up with an LS dealer yesterday and he explained the same thing you did. Been reading a little more about the LS models and its hard to find something negative about those tractors. The prices are much better as well just like you explained. I am going to look at some of these next week. Did not know LS manufactured some for Case too!! Have you heard of any issues with getting replacement parts for the LS tractors? Some of my friends mentioned that could potentially be an issue but I don't have a feel for that. There is an LS dealer about 30 miles from me so at least I have something close, need to check on some others as well. Starting to get very interested in the LS's.

/ Case IH 50B
The LS dealer I spoke with yesterday quoted an LS3039 w/loader right at $20,000 out the door. I didn't have time to discuss any other details but definitely will. Is that a decent price for that model? Again, I need more details probably.

/ Case IH 50B #6  
The LS dealer I spoke with yesterday quoted an LS3039 w/loader right at $20,000 out the door. I didn't have time to discuss any other details but definitely will. Is that a decent price for that model? Again, I need more details probably.

I'll sell you my 7 month old R4047 hydro with transferable warranty & 147 hrs for $19999.

/ Case IH 50B #7  
Thanks a lot for the reply. I actually hooked up with an LS dealer yesterday and he explained the same thing you did. Been reading a little more about the LS models and its hard to find something negative about those tractors. The prices are much better as well just like you explained. I am going to look at some of these next week. Did not know LS manufactured some for Case too!! Have you heard of any issues with getting replacement parts for the LS tractors? Some of my friends mentioned that could potentially be an issue but I don't have a feel for that. There is an LS dealer about 30 miles from me so at least I have something close, need to check on some others as well. Starting to get very interested in the LS's.

I've only had to get two parts for my LS (both my fault), and there was no problem. In fact, for most parts (not FEL) you can get them from an LS, NH, or Case dealer, just use their naming convention (for example, you tell the parts desk at a NH dealer that you have a Boomer 50, or a Farmall 50B at a Case dealer, for your R4047). There are a couple of larger LS dealers that are now shipping parts direct from the warehouse, so that helps too. The one I spoke with said they can typically get any part to you within 2-3 days, which seems good to me.

My local dealer is asking $19,950 out the door (no tax) for an R3039H, so the price you got is okay, but a little high (their shipping costs should be lower in NC than here in MI) unless that included tax.

/ Case IH 50B
Sounds like it is very easy to get parts based on your comments. I appreciate the feedback. I will work on the dealer with the price quote. Did the R3039H have a loader on it for $19,950? I have heard nothing but good things about the LS tractors and it sounds like you are very pleased with yours too.

/ Case IH 50B #9  
Sounds like it is very easy to get parts based on your comments. I appreciate the feedback. I will work on the dealer with the price quote. Did the R3039H have a loader on it for $19,950? I have heard nothing but good things about the LS tractors and it sounds like you are very pleased with yours too.

Yep, with a loader. Mine has been great....no issues at all. I'd like the loader to have more lift height, and maybe a bit more foot room getting on and off, but that's really it. This is their current ad:

LS R3039 tractor loader, 39hp, hydro trans

/ Case IH 50B
Great looking tractor, appreciate the link. Definitely going to check these out. Thanks for your help.