Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kubota R510, JD 6200, JD 770, Cushman 6150, Steiner 430 Diesel Max, Steiner 430 Max w Kubota Gas, Kawasaki Diesel Mule

Default Re: 100 hp Utility

For what it's worth. Our farmers that farm this place bought a TN 85. He doesn't like it. He says it is simply built too light and would prefer a large frame tractor.

Tractor
    Kubota M6040

Welcome to TBN. As you can see, recommendations on how to spend your money come easy & cheap. Drive before you buy and don't have buyers remorse. I have access to kubota, Kioti, New Holland, JD, Versatile and probably a few others I can't think of right now. I test drove them all - except Versatile - and chose Kubota because of the way it operates and dealer service. DO NOT forget to check on dealer service. Have fun

Tractor
    Ford 8N, LS R4047H, Massey Ferguson 241, Hustler Sport ZTR

If I was spending your money I'd definitely look at the P7040 Deerherd mentioned.

LS P7040CPS, 97hp, 7,100lbs, 540/750/100/ground speed PTO, 3 standard remotes, 6K+ 3pt lift capacity, self-leveling loader with 3,500lbs capacity to max height (similar to deere 563 loader...slightly higher lift/slightly lower weight), 40 fully synchronized forward speeds, 20 reverse, power shuttle, with creeper, and hi/low and a bunch of other stuff standard....I drool over one at the dealer regularly. Under $50K out the door...

New LS 7040CPS tractor loader, 97hp
    Advise is a verb!

Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

I looked at the specs on the LS. Very good price for the unit. No dealer with in 3hrs of me. Not real comfortable with that. The NH dealer keeps wanting to price me the 1212 power shuttle he has on lot, but is it that much more useful than the mech shuttle. $2000 seems like a lot for it. I am getting a good deal on t4.105 with loader for $56k with everything I want plus the power shuttle. Feel like its good deal but don't know if I want to spend the extra. JD and kubota specs and priced tomorrow. Thanks for the help.

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota, John Deere, Case, Massey Ferguson, Ford

Quote Originally Posted by isurat View Post
    I looked at the specs on the LS. Very good price for the unit. No dealer with in 3hrs of me. Not real comfortable with that. The NH dealer keeps wanting to price me the 1212 power shuttle he has on lot, but is it that much more useful than the mech shuttle. $2000 seems like a lot for it. I am getting a good deal on t4.105 with loader for $56k with everything I want plus the power shuttle. Feel like its good deal but don't know if I want to spend the extra. JD and kubota specs and priced tomorrow. Thanks for the help.
    We traded a tractor with 12/12 synchronized shuttle in for a 12/12 hydraulic shuttle and while we didn't trade it for that reason, it sure has been worth the added cost as we do a lot of loader work.
    Thread on helpful tractor abbreviations: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/o...-acronyms.html

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    2014 John deere 5085e

Quote Originally Posted by isurat View Post
    I think you should be able to get into a 100e loaded up pretty good for around the same price as the NH. I also looked at LS, for me I just couldnt get past the way they looked, there also fairly light compared to the NH and Deere. I also had hard time finding many reviews on their larger machines. When I priced Kubota they where a little cheaper then the deere. When you price the Deere try to get at least 15% off list, I've heard of people getting 20%. I ended up at close to 18%. One last thing, If your going to spend this kind of money, it would be crazy not to get the power reverser.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    JD 5075E Cab

I just priced a 5085E with loader right at $50k. A 5100E should be about $5k more. I personally like the cab E series from JD. I liked the kubota 9960 as well. However, I couldn't afford either of them and ended up with the 5075E cab. It's nice, but not enough to pull your 15 ft batwing on a routine basis.

Tractor
    LS P7030 CPS

Regardless on what color tractor you decide, you should end up with the tractor that has the features and options best suited to your needs and wants and how you are using your tractor.

In the OP, loader work and running a cutter were two stated uses. For loader work the power shuttle is great. Actually, for any work that requires numerous directional changes, such as plowing snow, using a grapple etc, IMHO it can't be beat. Do you NEED it? Nope. Many on here do just fine without.

Same as having 36-40 forward speeds and electronic HI/LO. Can you do without? Yes you can of course. But knowing you have the correct gearing to run any cutting/haying/tillage equipment at a good pace is sweet! Ever spent hours on end wishing for a gear or two one way or the other? I did but not anymore, especially with a 540/750/1000 PTO.

Heck, two years ago I didn't even know they made an electronic HI-LO and now I wouldn't own a tractor without it. If you run it in HI and need a little more grunt while plowing/cutting it's a button push away. For loader/grapple work I run it in low and hit HI when I want more ground speed.

I really blame John deere for wanting all these options, it was from testing out an M series. If I hadn't found the LS I would have probably bit the bullet on the Deere. And if I don't get this observers seat figured out before my grandsons get old enough, I just might have to get one! I never was opposed to green.....

Good luck in your search!
    Dave
    LS P7030 CPS, Speeco Cat 2 QH, Fit Rite Hydraulics TNT, Athens 62 disc, Athens 156 chisel plow, Brillion cultipacker, Loyal 8x8 drag harrow, Land Pride 3696 rake, EA Severe Extreme 96" Box blade, Woods BB84 Rotary Cutter, Woods pallet forks, HLA 3000 plow, W.R. Long RBGD 84" grapple

Tractor
    Ford 8N, LS R4047H, Massey Ferguson 241, Hustler Sport ZTR

Quote Originally Posted by trook View Post
    I just priced a 5085E with loader right at $50k. A 5100E should be about $5k more.
    We're those open station, or cab prices?
    Advise is a verb!

Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

Gold Member
    Tractor
    JD 5075E Cab

cab prices

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast