Comparison 100 hp Utility

/ 100 hp Utility #31  
My first post was for the OP and everyone else that has no knowledge of a compact telehandler.

The second post was a reply to this, that was directed to me:

Wasn't talking about you. Diamondr's post appears to have been meant for the OP, but accidentally replied to you.

/ 100 hp Utility #32  

How much does a rig like that cost? How about the attachements, are they much more expensive than 3 PH style. It does look versatile except for not have any access to rear attachment implements but I would assume that stuff like bush hogs, tillers etc could be bought to go on front although tilling then running over the tilled ground with a heavy machine would be counter productive.

/ 100 hp Utility #33  
How much does a rig like that cost? Too much! $52,000 for a 2009 Demo, in 2010. How about the attachements, are they much more expensive than 3 PH style. Yes, they are skid steer attachments. It does look versatile except for not have any access to rear attachment implement(they are sold in Europe with a 3 point hitch) but I would assume that stuff like bush hogs,(see pictures) tillers etc could be bought to go on front although tilling then running over the tilled ground with a heavy machine would be counter productive.
7' brush hog, so much better out front.
PA010009.JPG PA010010.JPG P4060002.JPG

For tilling it can be configured with hydraulic remotes for pull behind equipment. It should do well with a 7,000 pound drawbar rating.
P9290019.JPG

You get what you pay for, so it is worth it for what it will do in such a small package. That is why I sold my tractor after I bought my first compact telehandler, a Bobcat V518. :D

My next one will be even smaller at 5' wide! :thumbsup:
3063474_4.jpg JCB 515-40.jpg JCB-miniscopic-2.jpg vbig_2.jpg
Pictures from Google Image Search.

/ 100 hp Utility #34  
In the market for a new min 85 PTO power utility tractor with cab. Have researched a bit in area and narrowed down to New Holland t4.105 JD 5100E and Kubota M9960. Not an expert looking for some good advice. Will use tractor for bucket work and brush mowing ( 15' batwing) mainly. Any advice appreciated.

I was faced with almost the same decision back in November of last year. All the tractors will do the job. I don't have worries about that. For me, it came down to design, fuel efficiency, how the manufacturer implemented tier III or tier IV compliance, features, and price.

The New Holland I drove (T4.105) felt cheap and unfinished. Hydraulic lines for the power steering were hanging under the frame of the tractor and looked vulnerable. Layout of the cab felt awkward. Pedals felt and looked cheap. This was the easiest tractor to scratch off the list.

Again, I'm sure it is a capable machine but it didn't look or feel engineered to the same standard as others.

Next up was the JD 5100E. Again, I had a lot of the same feelings are the NH. I did not like the way JD handled their tier IV compliance. There was a large... can't remember what they call it again, catalytic converter/muffler type of thing sitting on top of the rear part of the engine compartment. Because of its location, the hood was significantly higher than previous generations. This was a problem for FEL work because it blocked your line of sight. It was tough to see what was going on with the FEL. Handling round bales and the like would be tough. Additionally, the muffler thing would have to replaced every so many hours (dealer thought it was 1,000 or 3,000 but wasn't sure) at a cost of at least $1,000 a pop.

Build quality was rougher than on my JD 5425 as evidenced by the rough castings on the FEL frame. Still, this tractor was a contender.

Kubota was on par with the JD more or less. A little lighter, some things were better others weren't. Again, a contender.

Then I looked at the Massey Ferguson 5600 series. Oh be still my heart! There isn't another machine in this horsepower range like it. There also isn't another tractor with that kind of price tag either. I was able to get 32% off the price of the tractor (Equine Savings Program) which brought the cost of the tractor inline with the others. When you consider things like the Dyna-4 transmission (able to shift gears, ranges, and forward to reverse without stopping or using the clutch), autodrive (able to drive it like a car, push the gas pedal and it shifts up or down for you automatically), brake to neutral (push the brakes, tractor will come to a stop and go into neutral. Let off the brakes and off you go again) combined flow hydraulics, fuel efficiency, tier IIIB compliance without the particulate filter thing or DEF, sloping hood for great FEL visibility, 3 rear remotes, extra pair of remotes on the FEL for grapples, etc., skid steer type bucket quick attach, and more for the same price as the others.

It was a no-brainer.

Side by side, the 5600 series outstrips other tractors in the mid-frame size. I always liked my JD 5425, but when you place it next to the MF, you can see what you're paying for.

The 32% discount was the deciding factor in buying the Massey Ferguson. I've never operated a more comfortable machine. The seat is much more comfortable than the JD, NH, or Kubota. The engine is quieter inside and outside the cab.

I urge to you test drive any and all machines. Even some you might think are too big, too small, and too expensive. Ask about programs to help with the purchase - from government sources, private programs, promotional savings, things like the Equine Savings Program. Talk to the parts and service department people. Take your time and find the right machine for you.

/ 100 hp Utility #35  
I was faced with almost the same decision back in November of last year. All the tractors will do the job. I don't have worries about that. For me, it came down to design, fuel efficiency, how the manufacturer implemented tier III or tier IV compliance, features, and price.

The New Holland I drove (T4.105) felt cheap and unfinished. Hydraulic lines for the power steering were hanging under the frame of the tractor and looked vulnerable. Layout of the cab felt awkward. Pedals felt and looked cheap. This was the easiest tractor to scratch off the list.

Again, I'm sure it is a capable machine but it didn't look or feel engineered to the same standard as others.

Next up was the JD 5100E. Again, I had a lot of the same feelings are the NH. I did not like the way JD handled their tier IV compliance. There was a large... can't remember what they call it again, catalytic converter/muffler type of thing sitting on top of the rear part of the engine compartment. Because of its location, the hood was significantly higher than previous generations. This was a problem for FEL work because it blocked your line of sight. It was tough to see what was going on with the FEL. Handling round bales and the like would be tough. Additionally, the muffler thing would have to replaced every so many hours (dealer thought it was 1,000 or 3,000 but wasn't sure) at a cost of at least $1,000 a pop.

Build quality was rougher than on my JD 5425 as evidenced by the rough castings on the FEL frame. Still, this tractor was a contender.

Kubota was on par with the JD more or less. A little lighter, some things were better others weren't. Again, a contender.

Then I looked at the Massey Ferguson 5600 series. Oh be still my heart! There isn't another machine in this horsepower range like it. There also isn't another tractor with that kind of price tag either. I was able to get 32% off the price of the tractor (Equine Savings Program) which brought the cost of the tractor inline with the others. When you consider things like the Dyna-4 transmission (able to shift gears, ranges, and forward to reverse without stopping or using the clutch), autodrive (able to drive it like a car, push the gas pedal and it shifts up or down for you automatically), brake to neutral (push the brakes, tractor will come to a stop and go into neutral. Let off the brakes and off you go again) combined flow hydraulics, fuel efficiency, tier IIIB compliance without the particulate filter thing or DEF, sloping hood for great FEL visibility, 3 rear remotes, extra pair of remotes on the FEL for grapples, etc., skid steer type bucket quick attach, and more for the same price as the others.

It was a no-brainer.

Side by side, the 5600 series outstrips other tractors in the mid-frame size. I always liked my JD 5425, but when you place it next to the MF, you can see what you're paying for.

The 32% discount was the deciding factor in buying the Massey Ferguson. I've never operated a more comfortable machine. The seat is much more comfortable than the JD, NH, or Kubota. The engine is quieter inside and outside the cab.

I urge to you test drive any and all machines. Even some you might think are too big, too small, and too expensive. Ask about programs to help with the purchase - from government sources, private programs, promotional savings, things like the Equine Savings Program. Talk to the parts and service department people. Take your time and find the right machine for you.
Ball park, what did that tractor set you back?

/ 100 hp Utility #36  
The heck with ball park, let's get the details. Price, equipment, etc. I don't have a Massey dealer anywhere near me that stocks anything other than small CUTs.

/ 100 hp Utility #38  
I'd also love to know. I'm jealous, and haven't even seen pics yet!

I looked at the Massey's and just about fell over when I saw the price. Built with all the goodies mid 80's. I thought the JD M series was expensive! My 85e is being delivered tomorrow, I hope he still payed at least 60 plus or I'm going to be crying a little. Lol

/ 100 hp Utility #39  
Let me see if I can list everything:

MF 5609 - MFWD
Cab (radio ready - speakers & antenna)
Dyna-4 with 16F/16R, 25 mph, Autodrive
Air suspended seat - absolutely love this seat! Much better than the JD air seats
26 GPM Twin Flow open Center - very fast loader when the combined flow is turned on
3 Rear Auxiliary Hydraulics
Michelin Agribib Tires - 18.4R 30 R 1W rear/13.6R 24 R 1W front - tires were a $1,000 option and well worth it
540/540E/1000/1000E PTO
Block Heater
941 Loader
3rd Live Function

Most everything else comes with the tractor stock. Total price was $66,000 out the door with the Equine Savings discount.

/ 100 hp Utility #40  
Let me see if I can list everything:

MF 5609 - MFWD
Cab (radio ready - speakers & antenna)
Dyna-4 with 16F/16R, 25 mph, Autodrive
Air suspended seat - absolutely love this seat! Much better than the JD air seats
26 GPM Twin Flow open Center - very fast loader when the combined flow is turned on
3 Rear Auxiliary Hydraulics
Michelin Agribib Tires - 18.4R 30 R 1W rear/13.6R 24 R 1W front - tires were a $1,000 option and well worth it
540/540E/1000/1000E PTO
Block Heater
941 Loader
3rd Live Function

Most everything else comes with the tractor stock. Total price was $66,000 out the door with the Equine Savings discount.

I feel better now. That sounds like an awesome tractor. You get a chance post some pics. Thats 12,000.00 more then I paid for a fully loaded 85e. Thats about what a M series deere cost. If I ever get another tractor down the road I will definitely look hard at Massey. How many hours you have on it? What is Equine Savings discount?