Comparison 100 hp Utility

/ 100 hp Utility #1  

isurat

In the market for a new min 85 PTO power utility tractor with cab. Have researched a bit in area and narrowed down to New Holland t4.105 JD 5100E and Kubota M9960. Not an expert looking for some good advice. Will use tractor for bucket work and brush mowing ( 15' batwing) mainly. Any advice appreciated.

/ 100 hp Utility #2  
You should drive and operate each unit to see what fits your needs better.
Each tractor is setup a little different..
I always tell my customers to operate the machine that way they now what to expect.

/ 100 hp Utility #3  
look at the kubota 108 tractor.its a tad bigger than what your looking at.the frame on the jd 5100 isnt that heavy built.so you better really do some looking an thinking before you go with that tractor.plus they are about $57,000 with out the fel.an for that money if your bent on jd you can get a 6105D cab 4x4 power recerser for $54,000 with out fel an $58,000 setup for fel but no fel.

/ 100 hp Utility #4  
Welcome to TBN. Like has been mentioned spend a lot of time test driving any tractor to get a feel, many of the features don't become comfortable till after a few hours of use.

/ 100 hp Utility #5  
I would take a look at the NH TS6.110. It's a mid range tractor without a lot of bells, but it does have a power shuttle option. The 110 would put you at 110 engine and 90 PTO HP. From what i have seen, they are reasonably priced so you may be surprised at the tractor you can get for the money.

It you like red better, the Farmall 110A is the same thing.

/ 100 hp Utility
I am planning on lining up testing all three colors. Kind of hard to get a feel for use except for snow now. The 5100E does not show a 1000 PTO option. Mower is 1000 big spline. Will talk to NH dealer about the ts6. 110. Hoping the NH dealer is a little more flexible off their list price. Really like the specs of their machines. Going from 55 HP JD 2155 to a bit more of a tractor here. Lots to learn. Thanks for suggestions will def look into more options.

/ 100 hp Utility #7  
I am planning on lining up testing all three colors. Kind of hard to get a feel for use except for snow now. The 5100E does not show a 1000 PTO option. Mower is 1000 big spline. Will talk to NH dealer about the ts6. 110. Hoping the NH dealer is a little more flexible off their list price. Really like the specs of their machines. Going from 55 HP JD 2155 to a bit more of a tractor here. Lots to learn. Thanks for suggestions will def look into more options.

You can get 1000 pto option on a 100e. (dealer add on) I was looking at models in the 70 to 80 horsepower range, ended up with JD85e. I dont agree the frame is light on 100e, that tractor with a cab is 8000lbs, The NH weights only a couple hundred more and the kubota is just under 7k. I was very impressed with the frame on the JD, its very comparable the JD's M series.

/ 100 hp Utility #8  
Pretty much what others said, we have an M8540, but could have gone with New Holland, John Deere etc. The M60 Series is an improveent over the M40, so I've no experience with them. When we were looking, NH and John Deere had larger cabs and you can get an instructor seat in some, but I don't think you can in the Kubota, may be important, maybe not.

/ 100 hp Utility #9  
Take a look at the LS 7040CPS if you want to save some cash, but get lots of standard features. It has 97/85 HP, 40F & 20 R speeds, Power Shuttle with electronic Hi/Lo, 540/750/1000 and ground speed PTO, 3 remotes, rear wiper, stereo and a couple other things that don't come immediately to mind.

They do have an instructor's seat shown in the owner's manual, I do have a part number and they do have them in stock but for some reason refuse to sell them! Something about liability but I'm sure if it made it past Deere's and NH lawyers, LS should have no problem. I'm not giving up yet........

/ 100 hp Utility #10  
I went and looked at the kubota m9960, I didn't like there build quality, you could wiggle the dash 2.5" either direction, the cab glass rattled and didn't like their transmission. I ended up getting a john deere 5083e, it is a much nicer tractor for less money, we got ours with 380 hours set up the way we wanted for $41,600. The kubota was over 50k. And for thought, the jd is not a light frame, we have ballast in all four tires and that's it no extra weight, I thing runs 9500-11000 lbs.