Comparison JD X738 vs Simplicity Legacy XL

/ JD X738 vs Simplicity Legacy XL #41  
I bought my X738 in July 2013 and this is the best move that I could have made.

I had a Z720 A before but I didn't like the fact that it was a mowing machine only.

I own a 5 acre property that includes wet areas and a business with a 1 acre lawn with a steep hillside.

I got stuck many times with the zero turn, not anymore, the x738 goes everywhere very smoothly and effortlessly. I have the 60HC deck on it, I only lost 15 mn in the mowing time at home. The ride is more comfortable and not as loud.

I also got a 54'' Front blade and a 47'' Snow-blower.
I started to use the blade in September to spread dirt and gravel on my long drive way. Very easy operation to do with the 4 wheel drive and the strong hydraulics.

The best yet to come, the snow-blower has been my time/life saver. I went from a nice push behind snow-blower to the JD. What a difference!!
I have been plowing over 40 hours so far this year and it's almost a pleasure.
I use the snow-blower on the driveway and the blade to clear up my business parking lot and loading dock area. I switch the blade/snow-blower depending on the snow depth.

I plowed over 2 feet of heavy wet snow the last weekend after a blizzard, the X738 did the job, not as fast as usually, but the result was amazing.

The X738 goes everywhere and runs smoothly in very cold weather, I plowed in -15 F conditions (not including the windchill).

I chose the EFI in regards of the ease of operation, I never missed power in any job situation.

After 90 hours of heavy use in various conditions I can say that the X738 is a very strong and reliable piece of equipment.

IMG_0118.jpg IMG_2659.jpg IMG_2662.jpg IMG_2680.jpg

/ JD X738 vs Simplicity Legacy XL #42  
Disco all you need now is a cab!
even without heat, it is amazing at how much more enjoyable it is, it has
been a windy winter!

/ JD X738 vs Simplicity Legacy XL
I placed my order for the X738 with the 54" deck 4 days ago. Added the 54" snow plow, 47" snow blower, electric salt spreader and 18 cu ft steel utility cart. I already had a JD seed spreader. Of course there was a ton of extra things needed such as front PTO, quick hitch, weights, etc.

I got pricing from 2 different JD dealers and felt like a got a pretty good deal.

/ JD X738 vs Simplicity Legacy XL #44  
I placed my order for the X738 with the 54" deck 4 days ago. Added the 54" snow plow, 47" snow blower, electric salt spreader and 18 cu ft steel utility cart. I already had a JD seed spreader. Of course there was a ton of extra things needed such as front PTO, quick hitch, weights, etc.

I got pricing from 2 different JD dealers and felt like a got a pretty good deal.

How much does all this cost?

/ JD X738 vs Simplicity Legacy XL #45  
Congratulations, sounds like you will be ready to go when it comes in.

Discoland,

Thanks for the info. Dealer said my unit should arrive in about 2 weeks.

Looks like your driveway is relatively flat. I have a steep uphill driveway so I bought chains just in case, but I'm hoping most of the time the 4WD will take care of business without the chains.

Got $2400 off list. Paid 17K plus I added $1100 for the break in service plus 4 annual ready to mow services. Total with sales tax and service plan was $19200 and I got 0% for 60 months.

/ JD X738 vs Simplicity Legacy XL #48  
Got $2400 off list. Paid 17K plus I added $1100 for the break in service plus 4 annual ready to mow services. Total with sales tax and service plan was $19200 and I got 0% for 60 months.

What did the tractor go for?

The way they quote it you can't actually tell the price of just the tractor. But the list price is $10900 without the deck and they sold me the tractor and $2200 of attachments for $10600.

The attachments would be everything needed for using the snowblower, plow and other items (chains, brackets, weights, electric salt spreader, Front light kit for the snowblower, etc).

For anyone who has never priced one of these units out, all those ancillary items really add up. 1 bracket to add weights to the front, 1 bracket to add weights to the back, it goes on and on. Some are necessary, some are questionable (such as Front Brush Guard Kits and Front Fender Kits). I added a few of those questionable items hoping it will help keep the unit looking good and trouble free.