Another buying/pricing/comparison thread?!?!?!

/ Another buying/pricing/comparison thread?!?!?! #11  
Not too far from me. I am going to talk to them at the show....not sure if dealers are there as well or just the makers. I am thinking about pulling the trigger on this next week.
Cherokee140. It was explained to me by MO MF Dealer that this show is a non selling show. I hope to attend on saturday to do some comparisons. I was looking for a thread to ask a question, when I saw your thread. Is the Grand L 4760, LS XR46HC, and the MF 1643 a fair comparison? lt190b

/ Another buying/pricing/comparison thread?!?!?!
Ok...It will still be a great chance to see all the machines under one roof. One of the key areas for me is I have quite a bit of metal in me and I have some problems if a chair or seat is not just right. I also have some problems climbing up on things....I have an old vintage model 70 and that is a real chore....this machine I am going to use, I don't need it to be a chore everytime I have to get on and off. I think this will be a good chance to sit on the machine for 30min if need be and not have to fend off salesmen with a red hot poker.

I see you are pretty close, if you want drop me a PM....(I assume this site has private messages) and I will give you my phone number...perhaps we can look each other up out there.

/ Another buying/pricing/comparison thread?!?!?! #13  
Where is the Farm Show at?

It is by Kemper.

I am going to try to get there early so I can hopefully get there before the crowds.

/ Another buying/pricing/comparison thread?!?!?! #16  
Oh cool, it's here in K.C. at the American Royal. I will have to try and get by there.

Did you find what you were looking for?

Yes, Narrowed it down quite a bit. Kubota BX25D or JD 1025R. The MF just did not seem to be of the same quality, the seat did not sit very well....I don't really want to run it down but it was just not for me. The Mahindra...just no thank you.

We also looked at the next step up in tractors....things along the size of a JD 2032R. We have 13ac. but my wife and I both think that the smaller machine will just be more handy in tighter spots. That next size up is really not much more money, so that is not the issue. It really comes down to the size of the machine.

In looking at the Kubota and the JD, they are really neck and neck. I like the location of the loader controls on the JD a little better, I like the seat on the JD a great deal better. I like how the Kubota is made from METAL. Why on the green earth did JD decide to make this machine out of plastic. There is no getting around it, plastic over the years will crack and get brittle. Yes metal will scratch and rust....but I have a 60yr old JD sitting in my yard right now....and just solid as a rock.....I highly doubt that the 1025R will be in the same shape in the same amount of time. There is only one reason to make it out of plastic.....it is cheaper....odd that their machine is more expensive then any of the others made from metal.

I also have a bit of a bad taste in my mouth with green paint....parts for my JD650 are not available....that ticks me off. And why are those parts not available....they are Yanmar front clutch parts....The JD still uses a Yanmar engine...yes a good engine, but I still plan to be using this machine in 25 years, just like I was using my 650 till the clutch blew out. I can't even get wheels for the 650.

So while I really like how the 1 series sits and where the loader controls are, I am leaning very heavy to the Kubota BX.

We all know the seat is where you spend most of your time while using a tractor, that means a great deal.

I am going to talk to both.....I am still on the fence, plan on swinging by a Kubota dealer after work and see. Also the dealers that I talked to are going to be calling me.

I plan on getting quotes from the dealers in my area....about 4 JD, and 3 Kubota. After the numbers come in I will make the choice. Dealer location is also a big factor, the JD dealers are MUCH closer.

I did cross the MF and the Mahindra off the list...also found a few toys to mount to the new machine.

A new machine will find its way into my barn before the end of the month....I will keep you all updated to the progress if you guys are interested.

/ Another buying/pricing/comparison thread?!?!?! #19  
   / Another buying/pricing/comparison thread?!?!?! #20  
... I like the seat on the JD a great deal better. ... We all know the seat is where you spend most of your time while using a tractor, that means a great deal. ...
You do know you can put in a better aftermarket seat, yes?

Several threads here on TBN from guys who have done so.