Buying Advice 8N vs JD950

/ 8N vs JD950 #41  
Soundguy, Thanks for the advice on the 8N manifold. I did not see one listed on the internet at TSC but I trust you, that at least some stores, have them on the shelf. If they do have one at mine, I am sure it will be a cheap Chinese-made one, but that is all I need at this time. My last manifold (purchased at least 25 years ago at the now defunct "Central Tractor" store, in the same building, around the corner, as the current TSC, was a cheap Chinese one. That one gave me good service for 25 + years, about half of which was not a cakewalk for sure, bush-hogging 40 acres, several times a year, digging ponds, etc. as that tractor served the primary roll, all of that time, on our farm. Now that tractor just "walks cakes" hauling firewood, cultimulching (narrow 6-7 ft), and pulling a 2-row corn planter. Except maybe the cultimulching in tough soil conditions, on rare occasions, all of these jobs likely pull less than half of that tractor's available 25 or so drawbar horsepower. I still rank it as #1 all time, of any tractor that I have ever operated, or seen. Certainly it will be tough for any modern tractor, with all the plastic, and especially with the "tier" increases we are seeing as of late, will have a very tough time knocking it out of that top spot for me anyhow. I think, I am entitled to my opinion on the "best all time tractor ", no? I do accept the fact that other folks are entitled to their's also, and they need not match mine. The thing I like best about other folks liking other tractors better, is that it keeps down the cost of the one I like best. Similarly, that is the same reason I like the sport of golf, a sport that I never really took to playing much myself. It is great to have all them golfers out there in their spare time, keeping them off the lakes, rivers, and woodlands, fishing and hunting. Crowded boat launches are especially un-fun, and golf likely helps minimize them crowds more than anything.
Thanks again, and I am sure we will be talking again in the next several months anyhow.
I apologize right now, for the length and rambling of my recent messages, and I see that I may be bothering at least one guy anyhow. I promise to let-up in around 2.5 months when I know the doctors will let me out of the house. This is a lot more fun to me than watching television or reading books and magazines, and I really appreciate all of you folks opinions, even when they don't match mine.
Your fellow old(er) Ford tractor lover, wolc123

/ 8N vs JD950 #42  
for cast metal parts like manifolds.. 'cheap chinese' is about all you can find. that or india or pakistan.. etc.

only places still making stuff like that! :)

Tisco Intake-Exhaust Manifold, 9N9425WG - Tractor Supply Co.

78$ at tsc. probably not all stores carry them.. but mine happens to, we are near ag areas. available online too.