Buying Advice Advice on Buying JD 790D or JD 790E LC, perhaps a JD 892D LC { has a Swing Problem

/ Advice on Buying JD 790D or JD 790E LC, perhaps a JD 892D LC { has a Swing Problem #1  

HighFly27

Tractor
Case 1150 B, IHC TD-340, IHC 966
Hello All,

I'm been looking for a 20 ton + Excavator for about two weeks. I've found a 790E LC for $ 20 K, a 790D for $ 18.5 K. Both JD 790's are lower hour hoe's @ 8,XXX hours. Nice cab's, good UC, No eng. smoke, No issues reported. I'm a retired (2004) hvy. mech. and need a hoe for about 6 months, 500 hr.'s to build a pond and 1.5 mile road on the side of mtn. in Huntingdon, PA. I will require about 100 tandem loads of shale to do dug out for the mtn. road. This shale is tuff to dig; I had a CAT 312 in there in 2006. The 312 had it a tough time. I'm going to invest in a frost tooth ripper this time to cut key holes in the shale bank.

I found another hoe... a JD 892D LC that just had a brand new engine installed and (2) new hyd. pumps installed at $ 30K. However, shortly after this, the 892 developed a Swing problem. It has a Popping Sound, then you ease off the control and it will continue to swing. I did not find out if it's happening in one place or not... meaning a tooth is messed up on the turn table big gear. This 892D is 90 miles from my location and the rest of the machine is A OK, has good tracks, boom, stick, bucket, cab, etc. . The price is $ 13 K; I found a another 892D less the boom and stick for $ 10 K. The parts remaining from the parted out 892D are look good too i.e. UC, engine, pumps, everything is there.

Did these... JD 892 D Models have Known Faults... let me know... perhaps they were known for some type of turn table (chunking gear teeth) problems !?!

Also, if you know of some decent hoes that are in this price range of $ 20 K. I need 500 hours of use and I'm going to resell it. My Location is Huntingdon, PA 16652; about 38 south west of State College, PA on PA State Route 22.

Thanks' in Advance,

Avery

/ Advice on Buying JD 790D or JD 790E LC, perhaps a JD 892D LC { has a Swing Problem #2  
Hello All,

I'm been looking for a 20 ton + Excavator for about two weeks. I've found a 790E LC for $ 20 K, a 790D for $ 18.5 K. Both JD 790's are lower hour hoe's @ 8,XXX hours. Nice cab's, good UC, No eng. smoke, No issues reported. I'm a retired (2004) hvy. mech. and need a hoe for about 6 months, 500 hr.'s to build a pond and 1.5 mile road on the side of mtn. in Huntingdon, PA. I will require about 100 tandem loads of shale to do dug out for the mtn. road. This shale is tuff to dig; I had a CAT 312 in there in 2006. The 312 had it a tough time. I'm going to invest in a frost tooth ripper this time to cut key holes in the shale bank.

I found another hoe... a JD 892D LC that just had a brand new engine installed and (2) new hyd. pumps installed at $ 30K. However, shortly after this, the 892 developed a Swing problem. It has a Popping Sound, then you ease off the control and it will continue to swing. I did not find out if it's happening in one place or not... meaning a tooth is messed up on the turn table big gear. This 892D is 90 miles from my location and the rest of the machine is A OK, has good tracks, boom, stick, bucket, cab, etc. . The price is $ 13 K; I found a another 892D less the boom and stick for $ 10 K. The parts remaining from the parted out 892D are look good too i.e. UC, engine, pumps, everything is there.

Did these... JD 892 D Models have Known Faults... let me know... perhaps they were known for some type of turn table (chunking gear teeth) problems !?!

Also, if you know of some decent hoes that are in this price range of $ 20 K. I need 500 hours of use and I'm going to resell it. My Location is Huntingdon, PA 16652; about 38 south west of State College, PA on PA State Route 22.

Thanks' in Advance,

Avery

I am in need of a 892d lc, if you are not going to buy the one with the swing problem I might be interested. Where is it located.

exdarling
229-273-6127
Cordele, ga.