Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tractor
    JD 970

Default Kubota B series loader feedback wanted

I'm about to pull the trigger on a B2620 with loader/mower and thinking that mowing with that loader on will be a pain. Do you find yourself taking the loader on/off and wishing it were otherwise?

Default Re: Kubota B series loader feedback wanted

We've never taken the FEL (loader) off our B model and have suffered no negative consequence as a result.

When mowing with the 72" Woods 3PH mower the FEL is...about 6-10" off the ground. For us wood burners the FEL is too useful to be without...even for a short time.
    Kubota B1750 with chains on all 4 turf tires. CC1440 & GT2550

Tractor
    JD 970

I'm talking about mowing the lawn. I know what you mean about the useful factor. I have a JD970 and I'm going to be replacing that with a bigger tractor/loader at some point. The B2620 will be used around the house and farmyard. Keep burnin'. I've been burning wood for many years and still not sick of it.

Tractor
    2008 Mahindra 5525, 1964 MF-135 diesel, 1951 Farmall Super A, 1951 Minneapolis Moline BF, 1945 Oliver 60 Row Crop, 1949 JD B widefront

Quote Originally Posted by birdo View Post
    I'm about to pull the trigger on a B2620 with loader/mower and thinking that mowing with that loader on will be a pain. Do you find yourself taking the loader on/off and wishing it were otherwise?
    Always mowed with the brush hog on my 2005 kubota B7510HST with the LA302 FEL (4-ft wide bucket). No problems. If you're mowing a flat field that you are sure has no potholes (like your hayfield), just raise the FEL bucket to the up position and go. Otherwise mow with the bucket a few feet off the ground.

Good luck and be careful out there.

Veteran Member
    Fanning Springs, Gilchirst County, North-Central Florida
    Tractor
    Kubota Tractor Loader L3560 HST 37-hp / 5,400 pounds

I put 200 hours on a B3300SU before selling it to buy a heavier L3560. I NEVER removed either the bucket nor the FEL in two years.
    The word tractor was taken from Medieval Latin, being the agent noun of trahere "to pull, draw".

I recently got a B2620 too and was thinking the same thing...taking loader off to shed some weight while mowing. But I use it constantly. Plus would be nice to leave it on as I am always picking up branches while mowing.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Ferguson TO 20, Kubota B3300, BH77

Since you clarified mowing the lawn indicating a MMM, it is no big deal to remove the loader for mowing. It just takes a few minutes. Reattaching is just as quick. Even quicker than removing the MMM. If you are in a big hurry and you don't have a lot of tight trimming, try it with the FEL. Enjoy your new tractor.

Tractor
    Kubota B2620, Ford 2N

I mow with the mmm on my B2620 with the fel on. Just be careful around the house and trees. Sure it would be easier with it off but I use the loader a lot. Either way don't let that stand in your way from getting it. You can try it both ways and you'll know whether the switching is worth it.

Tractor
    JD 970

Thanks for the encouraging words. I'm really excited about the SNOWBLOWER!!!

Tractor
    Kioti DK35se Hydrostat

Just remember when taking off any loader, do it on the driest flattest ground you can find. and if that means driveway or garage, than do that. Nothing more trouble than taking a loader off on sloped ground, or soggy ground. You can fight and cuss a job that normally takes just a few minutes into a job that can take prybars and hours of messing around. Be sure you bucket is down and perfectly flat also. Taking off and putting back on a loader is an easy job if done right. There are times to leave the bucket on when mowing, and times you will enjoy it off. It just depends on the terrain, and whether you need to stop to pickup debris as already mentioned. Free advice, worth what you payed
    James KUA

Kioti DK35se hydrostat with 2 QA buckets, 48 inch. King Kutter Rotary Cutter. 750 lbs ballast box. Loaded tires, Construction Attachments SSQA Lightweight Pallet forks. EA 50 inch single lid "wicked" Grapple. Satisfied Everlast PA160 welder owner How to add a link to a post . Best way to search TBN

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast