Buying Advice ck35 or Mahindra 3016?

/ ck35 or Mahindra 3016? #1  

joe04785

Silver Member
Tractor
XR3037
I have a ck30hst and I love the tractor. I'm looking to upgrade to either a ck35hst or Mahindra 3016hst. The reason for my upgrade is for more hp at the pto. I've been doing a lot of research on the Mahindra. Both tractors have there pro's and con's. Both of the tractors would have cabs. The Mahindra has both heat and ac, in which the Kioti only has heat. The Kioti has a standard block heater and one set of rear remotes in which the Mahindra it would be an add on. The Kioti has the rocker for hst, while the Mahindra has two different foot pedals. Mahindra price with cab out the door is 23500 minus the one remote and block heater. The Kioti is 23,000. Any opinions would be great. Thanks all.

/ ck35 or Mahindra 3016? #2  
I don't think I would own something with a cab that didn't have AC. Also, if your going 25 hp with no cab to 30 hp with a cab I doubt you'll be gaining any power, with added weight ect.

/ ck35 or Mahindra 3016? #3  
The mahindra is going to lift 1650 lbs at the pins also. The ck 35 will not. If that matters.

/ ck35 or Mahindra 3016? #4  
For the price the Mahindra would be a no brainer over the Kioti ... no AC in a cab might turn into a sauna.

Also check out an LS XR3037 cab HST. Will probably be around $25k, but will have more lift power than the others, comes stock with 2 sets of rear remotes, and draft control.

Good luck.

/ ck35 or Mahindra 3016? #5  
Note the OP is in Caribou Maine. AC is not such an issue in that part of the country. Block heater probably is a must. If I were short on HP, I'd go to the DK45 or similar HP in another make. The rear remote is a must, and I'd want two of them if buying new, regardless of make.

/ ck35 or Mahindra 3016?
Thanks for all the info. AC is not an issue here, just more of a luxury. I agree with rear remotes being a must also.

/ ck35 or Mahindra 3016? #7  
Thanks for all the info. AC is not an issue here, just more of a luxury. I agree with rear remotes being a must also.

The Mahindra only has a single rear remote option. If you need more than one, you will need to go after market.:( If that is important, that can be a BIG issue. If you need-want more than 2, then either tractor will have to have an after market system added. ;)

/ ck35 or Mahindra 3016? #8  
If the bugs in Maine are anything like they are where I am, you buy the cab for protection. With a closed cab and no A/C it will get a little warm in there.

/ ck35 or Mahindra 3016?
The ck35 comes from the dealer with one remote. Yes the bugs do get bad at times here. I am thinking of installing a fan if I buy the ck35, but idk about performance of the fan to keep cool.

/ ck35 or Mahindra 3016? #10  
I think both are a good choice but AC in a cab is a must ,even in Caribou.