Buying Advice Mowing cut quality MMM vs RFM

/ Mowing cut quality MMM vs RFM #1  

Nanook

Tractor
Kubota B3200 HSD
I am still trying to narrow down my search. On the one hand, I like the B3200HSD because it has a mid-pto so that I can add a MMM at a later date if I want one. But, I suspect it is a little low-powered for more than a 60", even though they sell a 72" MMM for it. On the other hand, if I go for the B3300SU, I get 25 pto hp vs 23, but no MMM. That gives me more digging power, lifting power, cutting power, tilling power, generator power, etc, which are my needs for the next 1-3 years. But, when I do, eventually, need a mower (I will continue to use my 50" 20 hp gas tractor until it dies), I will need to go to a RFM. I have been told by a dealer that the MMM does a much nicer job compared to a RFM. I suspect this is because he has a B3200HSD that he wants to move, but I am not sure. Of course, if I decide that I don't ever need a MMM (which may be the case if I move to a much larger property), then a B3300SU would clearly be better, or maybe even an L39, although that is probably more than I want to spend at this time.

/ Mowing cut quality MMM vs RFM #2  
Seems that everyone goes through this, my experience is it is best to have a dedicated mower and a larger tractor. I found it was better to have a tlb for backhoe work and a separate tractor for 3ph work. So I wound up with a mower, tlb and tractor. If you wan't one machine to do everything the more important thing to consider is how easily you can convert from mowing to backhoe to 3ph work imo.

The difference between 23hp and 25hp is minimal particularly when operating a backhoe. Most of the operators I know do not use maximum rpms' when using a backhoe most of the time. Mowing and plowing on the other hand seem to need full power most of the time.

/ Mowing cut quality MMM vs RFM #3  
When operating mowers with a hydro transmission you might never feel the difference of two horsepower. You are worried but from history Kubota offered the B-2150 with a 72" deck with only 19 pto horsepower and they ran them fine. PTO horsepower is normally only noticed during use of the mower, snowblower or possibly generator duty. For digging it is a matter of tractor balance of weight and horsepower to a lesser degree.
With a mid-mount mower only one set of tires have run over the grass so there is far less compaction on pressing it into the ground then there would be with two axles running over it before it gets cut.
The mid mower is easier on the neck as far as trimming which is why shortly after many people get one they will add a zero turn mower to their fleet! That puts everything into a different perspective!