Buying Advice Kubota vs John Deere (sub)Compact tractor comparisons

/ Kubota vs John Deere (sub)Compact tractor comparisons #21  
You do the math....$22,700 machine at 3.9% or a 22,000 at zero.

Just did the math this morning.

I don't think you can. Most of us, myself included, can't just drop down cash to buy these tractors, and we have to use financing instead. My point is, people get so enamored with 0% financing, and they forget to realize that it's not free money. In many cases, it's actually more beneficial to take the higher interest, longer payment terms, using the rebates to get a lower price, then try to pay off the loan a little earlier than the term limit. That way, you get the lowest possible finance price, and you have a lower monthly payment, and if you do it right you save in the end.

Bottom line, you will pay for 0% one way or another. 0% is not free money.

/ Kubota vs John Deere (sub)Compact tractor comparisons #22  
You mentioned the 2032 which is very similar to my 2720. I've found the weight of these similar sized tractors can vary widely and I didn't want or need something that was too heavy. I don't operate a tiller or a PTO generator but I have used a large chipper quite a bit over the past year and it's been great. I chose the JD because I liked the side-by-side drive pedals and a few other features it has. I have JD and Kubota dealers within 10 minutes of my house and I looked at them both carefully. Price was always a consideration because I'm not rich but I wasn't going to pay less for a tractor that had something on it I didn't like. They're both nice machines and I have to agree with the poster who suggested you also bring other makes into your search if you're willing to. You never can rule them out until you try them. I had a tough time ruling out the Case for the longest time and I sat on a number of other brands before settling on the one I have now.

/ Kubota vs John Deere (sub)Compact tractor comparisons #23  

Which tractor was that for? Why is the 0% cost lower, or are these two different machines?

/ Kubota vs John Deere (sub)Compact tractor comparisons #24  

Doesn't really make any sense ... Unless you're talking about different tractors or something

/ Kubota vs John Deere (sub)Compact tractor comparisons #25  
When I was shopping last spring, I shopped two JD dealers. I asked both about cash purchase in lieu of 0% financing. Both said cash or 0% same price.

The LS that I ended up with offered "free" loader or 0% financing. I took the loader and financed at a very favorable rate at my local credit union.

Bob

/ Kubota vs John Deere (sub)Compact tractor comparisons #26  
When I was shopping last spring, I shopped two JD dealers. I asked both about cash purchase in lieu of 0% financing. Both said cash or 0% same price.

The LS that I ended up with offered "free" loader or 0% financing. I took the loader and financed at a very favorable rate at my local credit union.

Bob

Well then I guess JD defies the laws of consistency... good for them if it's accurate.

/ Kubota vs John Deere (sub)Compact tractor comparisons #27  
JD is the same price regardless

/ Kubota vs John Deere (sub)Compact tractor comparisons #28  
I bought a Max 22 last fall. Before we talked about how I intended to pay for the machine we worked out a price. The 0% for 84 months wasn't available in Canada but the dealer financed the cash price for 0% over 60 months and threw in the thumb to close the deal. I walked out the door for less than the BX25D I was looking at with a larger machine for less money!
PS The green dealer wasn't in the same ball park when it came to price.

/ Kubota vs John Deere (sub)Compact tractor comparisons #29  
I have one of each as well. A Kubota B7610 and a JD 755. Both have FEL and MMM, along with brush hogs for rough cutting. These might be one step bigger than what the OP is looking at, but might give some ideas? I can tell you that in operation they're both great machines in their own right. The JD is just a hair larger/heavier, but it's down 5hp. Rocker vs. side by side pedal difference is negligible. You'll get used to either or both very quickly. Clueless why people rave about or put down one or the other. Both are pretty instinctive as far as I'm concerned. I will say the Kubota has less tendency to creep a little, but that may be my fault for not having the JD adjusted just right.

The biggest deal/difference to me is PTO engagement. The Kubuta has a real clutch pedal, that can disengage or engage all engine power to drive and pto. The JD has no such pedal. Stop and go is done with your right foot, and PTO engagement is done with a lever next to the steering wheel. That's the piece I really don't care for. The Kubota will let you slip the clutch a little to ease engagement of something heavy like a brush hog. The JD is a little less graceful about it? The other thing is kind of petty, and that's the location of the quick disconnect hyd. lines to the FEL. The Kubota has them in a place that's pretty easy to get to. The JD's location, maybe not so much....

Bottom line, differences are pretty subtle. Doubt you'll notice any of these until you've actually received a few hours seat time on both. That's my take anyway, FWIW

/ Kubota vs John Deere (sub)Compact tractor comparisons #30  
Which tractor was that for? Why is the 0% cost lower, or are these two different machines?

OOPs had it a little off...oh well I was tired. make that 22,700 at zero and 22,000 at %3.9....that was the best rate I could get.

Here there are two machines one "used" with .4 hours on it. And another one new with .7 hours on it....yea go figure. I ended up buying the one with the .7 hours on it.....well it now had 1hr on it as I played with it at the dealer for a little bit.

The first machine was sold....the old man passed away before he could use it, and it came back....but as it was sold it was used.

Sorry for getting those numbers backwards.