Comparison How would you rate these tractors / brands? (CUT tractors)

/ How would you rate these tractors / brands? (CUT tractors) #1  

TSO

Elite Member
Tractor
Massey 1652 HST Cab
We all have our own ideas of tractor quality, our preconceptions of what brands we'd consider "premium" etc etc etc. But, based on what you know and feel NOW, how would you rate these tractors? I'm asking you to use your past experience, your knowledge of reliability, quality, value, worth, and what you feel is the "general understanding" that you perceive related to the brand & model. If you feel that the up-front cost, or the preconceived idea of initial quality & value, has bearing on your choice, go ahead & use that basis. If you wish to explain your position, feel free. Let's try to keep the bashing to a minimum, I'm just interested to see what the current sentiment is among folks on this forum with all the latest information.

I've tried to choose what appears to be the "top" model of each brand, and I've tried to choose the tractor that would be best compared to the others (ie, HP & size/features). I've tried to choose "current" brands, and if possible, I've listed the most 'current' model, and if that model is just entering the field, the out-going one as well.

So, bottom line, if you had all the money in the world to pick whichever of these tractors you wanted, how would you rate them, 1-10 ? (I've listed them in alphabetical order, not the order in which I feel they rank).

1. Case Farmall 50C, 47HP (or the outgoing Farmall 50B, 47HP)
  2. John Deere 4320, 48HP
  3. Kioti NX5010, 50HP (or the outgoing DK50se, 49HP)
  4. Kubota L4760, 49HP (or the outgoing L4740, 49HP)
  5. LS XR4046, 46HP (or the outgoing R4047, 47HP)
  6. Mahindra 5035, 50HP (or the Mahindra 5010, 49HP ... You choose which is the top model)
  7. Massey Ferguson 1749, 48.3HP (or the outgoing 1648, 47.4HP)
  8. New Holland Boomer 47, 47HP (or the outgoing Boomer 50, 47HP)
  9. TYM T-503, 50HP
  10. Yanmar LX-4900, 48.5HP

/ How would you rate these tractors / brands? (CUT tractors) #2  
Well this is interesting and will probably get very interesting. I'll give it a shot.

My 1,2,3 choices are all the same tractor. The LS, Boomer, and case farmall C. Now for each one of them I would rather have the previous out going model with the Mitsubishi engine, but I would want the new cab on them which of course I couldn't have.

#4 I like the Kioti tractors.
#5 I like Mahindra
#6 I like the Massey (for the last three I just like red that is all there is to it)
#7 I like the JD although I think they are just too expensive
#8 & 9 would be the TYM and the Yanmar because I know nothing about them and we do not have any dealers around us to even look at. YES I KNOW THEY MAKE OTHERS TRACTORS!
#10 is where I would put the Kubota I know many many people just love there Kubota's and they are really really dependable but I just don't like orange!

There you are my non-binding extremely bias honest opinion that and a buck fifty might get you a good cup of coffee!:D

/ How would you rate these tractors / brands? (CUT tractors) #3  
Well this is interesting and will probably get very interesting. I'll give it a shot.

My 1,2,3 choices are all the same tractor. The LS, Boomer, and case farmall C. Now for each one of them I would rather have the previous out going model with the Mitsubishi engine, but I would want the new cab on them which of course I couldn't have.

#4 I like the Kioti tractors.
#5 I like Mahindra
#6 I like the Massey (for the last three I just like red that is all there is to it)
#7 I like the JD although I think they are just too expensive
#8 & 9 would be the TYM and the Yanmar because I know nothing about them and we do not have any dealers around us to even look at. YES I KNOW THEY MAKE OTHERS TRACTORS!
#10 is where I would put the Kubota I know many many people just love there Kubota's and they are really really dependable but I just don't like orange!

There you are my non-binding extremely bias honest opinion that and a buck fifty might get you a good cup of coffee!:D

Not to be a smart ----, but would you be so kind as to say where it is that you might be able to get a "good " cup of coffee for only $1.50?? My experience has been that a "good" cup of coffee can not be bought, anywhere. :( ;)

/ How would you rate these tractors / brands? (CUT tractors) #4  
Not to be a smart ----, but would you be so kind as to say where it is that you might be able to get a "good " cup of coffee for only $1.50?? My experience has been that a "good" cup of coffee can not be bought, anywhere. :( ;)
I would Pick the John Deer 1st, To be honest I would have to work them all for a day or two and then decide.
Ron

/ How would you rate these tractors / brands? (CUT tractors) #5  
I have no opinion since I've never owned/operated any of those... There's a fairly wide range of members here with one of those tractors so maybe they can chime in.

I think you'd get a better response if you just listed Brands and let everyone offer their idea of what makes each brand better/worse than the others.

/ How would you rate these tractors / brands? (CUT tractors) #6  
Ooohhhhh,,,, I just went back and reread the list. Your new tractor is in there. You just want to see where your tractor rates.... :rolleyes:

/ How would you rate these tractors / brands? (CUT tractors) #7  
I would Pick the John Deer 1st, To be honest I would have to work them all for a day or two and then decide.
Ron

Ron, why did you quote me, I was talking about coffee? :confused3:

/ How would you rate these tractors / brands? (CUT tractors) #8  
Ron, why did you quote me, I was talking about coffee? :confused3:

You get quoted enough without someone doing it accidently don't ya Brian!!!! :D

/ How would you rate these tractors / brands? (CUT tractors) #9  
You get quoted enough without someone doing it accidently don't ya Brian!!!! :D

Maybe I need to go sit in the corner for awhile,:confused3: that or get back to work!! ;)

/ How would you rate these tractors / brands? (CUT tractors)
I have no opinion since I've never owned/operated any of those... There's a fairly wide range of members here with one of those tractors so maybe they can chime in.

I think you'd get a better response if you just listed Brands and let everyone offer their idea of what makes each brand better/worse than the others.

No, that wouldn't work, way to broad. I want to see where members would put these specific tractors... sometimes you have to get specific.

And ... I'm not sure I'd put mine at or near the top at this point. But I hear people talk about premium brands, and premium tractors, and I'm just curious to see how consistent the general consensus might be.