Roto- Tiller Manufacturers

/ Roto- Tiller Manufacturers #1  

Rat Rod Mac

Silver Member
I was going to buy a roto-tiller a couple of years ago from Tractor Supply Company and at that time the tiller was made, I believe, by a company in Arkansas or Alabama called King Kutter. Now yesterday I was at Tractor Supply Company again looking at the roto-tillers and now they say made by County Line in Kentucky. Anyone know anything about this company? Is the County Line up to par or should I look for a used King Kutter? Just curious as to why they changed and if one is more rugged than the other. Thanks in advance. RRM

/ Roto- Tiller Manufacturers #2  
I was going to buy a roto-tiller a couple of years ago from Tractor Supply Company and at that time the tiller was made, I believe, by a company in Arkansas or Alabama called King Kutter. Now yesterday I was at Tractor Supply Company again looking at the roto-tillers and now they say made by County Line in Kentucky. Anyone know anything about this company? Is the County Line up to par or should I look for a used King Kutter? Just curious as to why they changed and if one is more rugged than the other. Thanks in advance. RRM

If you want the best of the best and are going to use it a LOT, buy a Howard. There is not another tiller on the planet that will hold a candle to them. Howard still builds Deere tillers too. They are owned by Kongskilde now but still a wonderful machine.

Kongskilde - HOWARD Rotavator R310/R320

/ Roto- Tiller Manufacturers #3  
If you can find a used Howard HR20 Selectatilth, that is a great machine. It has a multi-speed gearbox. A used 60" will go for around $4,000 and a double flange kid can be ordered if your in rocky soils.........

/ Roto- Tiller Manufacturers #4  
I was at Tractor Supply Company again looking at the roto-tillers and now they say made by County Line in Kentucky. Just curious as to why they changed and if one is more rugged than the other.

TSC puts out their private label COUNTYLINE implements business out for bid occasionally. Now, in most parts of the country, Tarter of Kentucky has a chunk of the business. The Countyline Disc Harrows are Tarter for sure.

Personally, I prefer to buy a brand direct so I will not have to worry about parts availability or parts confusion.

LINK TO TARTER IMPLEMENTS:

http://tarterusa.com/tarter-products/rotary-tiller/

Attachments

• IMG_0594.jpg
    IMG_0594.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_0595.JPG
    IMG_0595.JPG
    106.9 KB · Views: 92
   / Roto- Tiller Manufacturers #5  
if it was me id buy a bushog tiller.they are tough tillers an they hold up well.weve had ours for 3yrs an like it very much.

/ Roto- Tiller Manufacturers #6  
I owned a King Kutter ll tiller for 10 or more years with no problems other than wearing out a set of tines.

/ Roto- Tiller Manufacturers #7  
I have King Kutter. I think it is best bang for the buck.

/ Roto- Tiller Manufacturers #8  
I have a KK and it has been a very good tiller. It's 5' and I want a larger one but the cost of these things has gotten out of hand, and that is just at TSC go someplace else and they are even worse then again you could also go out an get one of these gold plated units that are like 4k! Ridicules!

/ Roto- Tiller Manufacturers #9  
King Kutter & Tartar seem to be the OEM for most Countyline stuff. I looked at one tiller & it was a King Kutter manual. I expect its just badge engineering. Same gear just different labels. I wouldn't worry about parts & support that much.

/ Roto- Tiller Manufacturers #10  
If you want the best of the best and are going to use it a LOT, buy a Howard. There is not another tiller on the planet that will hold a candle to them. Howard still builds Deere tillers too. They are owned by Kongskilde now but still a wonderful machine.

Kongskilde - HOWARD Rotavator R310/R320
According to there website the biggest width tiller is only 5ft 4inch.To bad they don,t make a 6 ft.