Scam on Kijiji John Deere 4310

/ Scam on Kijiji John Deere 4310 #1  

Claym

Tractor
1958 Massey ferguson 88
Hi everyone I am trying to let everyone know about a scam that I got sucked into. It's running on Kijiji, and craigslist maybe even eBay. It's a 2004 John Deere 4310. Price 4700 I know it's an unreal price but I fell for it. The seller directs you to a website Cardwell & Carson Consignment where u register and seems like a legitimate website but upon further inspection turns out to be completely fake. I found this out after I sent money. So I got screwed but I'm trying to give warning to others not to fall for this and to get the work out that
Cardwell & Carson Consignment is fake. I have let Kijiji , eBay, FBI, RCMP, aswell as numerous other overseas investigators involved which is looking good so far. Thanks for reading and never trust anyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
   / Scam on Kijiji John Deere 4310 #3  
Just wanted to let everyone know that the exact same ad appeared again on Kijiji Canada. The same 2004 John Deere 4310 with 745 hours for $4700 through Excelity Consignment Group warehouse from Whitehorse YT. And the person said that she would pay for shipping! Please pass along so that no one else gets ripped off.

Alberto

/ Scam on Kijiji John Deere 4310 #4  
With *all* on line sales sites . . . if it looks like a smoking good deal, that alone should raise your hackles. Doesn't mean for sure it's a scam, though it probably is.

That age old advice holds here: "If it looks too good to be true . . . it probably is."

When I first started looking for a used Kubota, several years ago, I responded to a couple of those, "Now THAT looks like a great deal!!" ads. All had the tractor located in some out of the way place, owner was in military overseas, or husband walked out on her and she was selling it, or some such. All insisted on shipping the tractor to me sight unseen, and all were using some sort of bogus escrow or other service to "insure" the deal was no risk. Yeah, right. Didn't fall for any of it, and soon learned to recognize the signs.

That said, a couple of years ago I saw a Kubota BX24 (TLB) with 100 hours, advertised locally on Craigslist for $11.5K, or at least $3K below the going rate. Even included a box scraper. Met with the seller and couldn't bring myself to offer her less. So good deals are out there.