Buying Advice John Deere 5075E CAB

/ John Deere 5075E CAB #1  

bravo2zero

Silver Member
Tractor
Who here has a 5075E CAB, that wouldn't mind sharing your experience with, and likes-dislikes? I am tossing up the 5075E CAB and the 5085E CAB. I plan to hay about 50 acres of land, mowing, just all around work machine for the land.

/ John Deere 5075E CAB #2  
I see you mentioned the 85e, I have a 5085e cab, so far love it. Haven't done any real work yet, had it about a month. Pushed snow with it, love the power reverser. In my opinion out of all the tractors I looked at it had the nicest cab and best layout. Not sure how quiet and smooth the the 75 is, but the 85 is really quiet and smooth. If winter ever ends up here, I have a ton to do with it. Just added 84" monster grapple.

/ John Deere 5075E CAB
@calhoun9001 and that is a nice rig! Beautiful tractor and I am leaning toward the 85 as well. It has a much larger cab and of course power is a major difference between the 5075. Do you mind me asking what you paid just for the 5085E Cab?

/ John Deere 5075E CAB #4  
With the loader and tractor fully loaded little over 54. I ended up getting little over 18% off list.

/ John Deere 5075E CAB
WOW! That's wonderful. Well... I might move with the 5085e Cab, due to the fact I can grow with it and it will be a tractor that can last me for decades. I'm debating over a bush hog 9ft or a 15ft. Price is a factor, whereas I really need a front end loader too! $54,000 for what you have in the picture is a bargin!

/ John Deere 5075E CAB #6  
I ended up getting a mx10 with hydraulic offset when I bought the tractor. Haven't used it yet but looks like a really nice mower. Traded in 84" woods for it. I have a ton of apple trees to mow around, I think the hydraulic offset will be a big help.

/ John Deere 5075E CAB #7  
I have the 5075e cab, but it's too soon to tell you about how well I like it. So far, so good. As of now, I only have around 10 hours on it. I have a FEL, forks, MX-8 cutter, 2nd rear scv and grapple

I looked at the 5085e also, but the price was about $8k more and out of my range. I also needed the ability to haul the tractor on a 14k trailer and felt the 85 with loaded tires, a rotary cutter and FEL was simply too large. The engine of the 85 was smoother and quieter, but it is also a tier IV. Also, it is a substantially larger tractor and weighs about 2k more.

The 5075e has 75/57 hp, the 5085e has 85/70 pto hp. The 85 comes with a much more comfortable seat, operator layout and 2 rear sets of rear hydraulics. The 75 has a seat with no adjustable backrest, a simpler and more basic operator layout and 1 set of rear hydraulics.

I believe the 85 is a better and more comfortable tractor if you have the money,it is not too large for what you want to do, and you don't mind the tier IV engine.

20140221_140437.jpg

/ John Deere 5075E CAB #8  
That MX10 with the hydraulic offset does look handy.

/ John Deere 5075E CAB #9  
WOW! That's wonderful. Well... I might move with the 5085e Cab, due to the fact I can grow with it and it will be a tractor that can last me for decades. I'm debating over a bush hog 9ft or a 15ft. Price is a factor, whereas I really need a front end loader too! $54,000 for what you have in the picture is a bargin!

bravo2zero,

I don't know your particular situation, but I would DEFINITELY recommend getting a FEL with whatever tractor you purchase... even if you have to buy a smaller tractor. In fact, that is a major reason I purchased a 5075e with a FEL and forks rather than a 5085e without a FEL.

Once you find all the things you can do with a FEL, you will wonder how you ever got along without one. Also, I highly recommend purchasing the FEL with the tractor instead of purchasing one later. They are very expensive....roughly $6-8k depending.... and most of us would rather include that cost into our financing instead of paying out of our pocket.

/ John Deere 5075E CAB #10  
That grapple is HUGE it makes the tractor look small!