members from Maine

/ members from Maine #1  

Axe Man

Bronze Member
Going to look at a used Kubota in Bangor tomorrow at Dorrs Equipment......Has anybody done business with Dorrs and what was your experience....Thanks in advance.

/ members from Maine #2  
Haven't done business with them, but stay away from the kioti dealer in Bangor. They are definitely overpriced.

/ members from Maine #3  
I've bought several implements from them. They are (or at least were) MUCH more likely to deal than the crooks at Greenway Equipment (John Deere).

They beat Greenway by nearly $1000 on the identical model of Woods backhoe some years back.

/ members from Maine #4  
For my Kubota B7800 I bought a BL1676 Quick Hitch from Dorrs.
They happen to be the nearest dealer to have one in stock, got it for below list.
Seemed like good folks to deal with, but that's been my only experience.
Bangor is about 75 miles away, there are 3 other Kubota dealers much closer to me.

/ members from Maine
Thanks for the responses gentlemen........went down today to look at the tractor but it had been sold 1 hour before I got there......If it hadn't been sold it would be sitting in my yard right now.......but that's been my luck lately. It was in excellent condition and was a decent price.

/ members from Maine #6  
Not sure of your location in Maine, but I really like Osgood's in East Dixfield, Maine.
(That's over near Farmington.)
Some of my buddies that have bought Kubotas, bought from Osgoods too, due to better pricing.

/ members from Maine #7  
I've done business with Dorrs and so did my dad, they've always done well by us. I agree that you want to avoid "Greenway" , not good people.
What were you going to buy at Dorrs?

/ members from Maine
I went to look at a B7500....almost show room condition with about 400 hours on it. They also have an L3000 for the same price and 700 hours......Not in as good condition so I'm thinking about it.

/ members from Maine #9  
Not sure of your location in Maine, but I really like Osgood's in East Dixfield, Maine.
(That's over near Farmington.)
Some of my buddies that have bought Kubotas, bought from Osgoods too, due to better pricing.

Osgoods usually have a decent selection of new equipment. They have some beat used stuff that sits forever in their yard. Half of it looks like it ought to be scrap. :) I don't really get that.

They seem like good people. I've only bought a chainsaw there but if I were Kubota shopping, I'd certainly include them.

/ members from Maine #10  
I would be checking Craigs list if I were you, lots of very well prices 25-35hp tractors for sale right now. There was a Kioti Ck35 for around 12g with 79hrs in Rangeley just last week.

Check out the link to a local clist add for a bota that might fit your bill