Buying a new non-current tractor

/ Buying a new non-current tractor #1  

Jc2white

Tractor
LS R4047H
I am in the process of buying a tractor. The one I am looking at is a new non current 2011/2012 with 8 hours and it still come with the full warranty. It looks in good condition and is the same at the 2014 except it does not have the tier 4 engine and it is $23,000 vs $28,000 for the 2014. Is it worth the $5000 savings to have one with a tier 3 that has been sitting around the lot for that long?

/ Buying a new non-current tractor #2  
I'd wonder why they still have it? To sell it and have someone check the resale value might show it needs more discount!

/ Buying a new non-current tractor #3  
What tractor with what options?

/ Buying a new non-current tractor
It is a LS R4047 hst. The pricing seem out of wack because I'm in canada and we pay more for most things here....except maple syrup.

/ Buying a new non-current tractor #5  
It is a LS R4047 hst. The pricing seem out of wack because I'm in canada and we pay more for most things here....except maple syrup.

I would just look it over carefully for corrosion/rust....that's really the only problem that might crop up in a year or two on the lot. Other than that, I wouldn't be worried.

/ Buying a new non-current tractor #6  
What GMan said.:thumbsup:

You may need a battery sooner than later (depending on how long it has sat.) Maybe the dealer will cut you a deal on the 50 hr service?

Tractors are not like cars or motorcycles. Model year does not make that much difference. Tier 3 is a nice benefit many on this site are looking for.:D

Bob

/ Buying a new non-current tractor #7  
I'd be all over that.

$5,000 is real money.

/ Buying a new non-current tractor #8  
Get them to change ALL the fluids as they have possibly picked up moisture from sitting. Then buy it and smile all the way to the bank.

/ Buying a new non-current tractor #9  
Tractors are sold new as of date of sale, NOT date of manufacture. Tier 3 is going to be better than tier 4 because no one knows yet what issues will crop up in first year of production run. I'd buy it if you feel good about the tractor/dealer etc.
Get it for best price you can negotiate and ask for free 50 hours service including all necessary filters, etc.

/ Buying a new non-current tractor #10  

You guys also get some cool guns we can't get here, but have to deal with some pretty nutty laws to go along with them so it is a wash.

Like the other guy said, try to get them to toss in some "goodies" the 50hr service is a good one, perhaps pickup and delivery for free for both the buy and the service. Couple cans of touchup paint....perhaps a deal on this or that added to the machine. I did not pay for the install on the grapple on my machine. All of that is "soft money" for the dealer. If they are good and think you will use them in the future, and if they are good you should. They will get the money back and they will have the word of mouth getting out there on how they worked your deal.....more customers in their door.

Keep us all updated.