FINALLY PULLED THE TRIGGER

/ FINALLY PULLED THE TRIGGER #1  

bobmayo

Tractor
Farmtrac 300 DTC
well gentlemen i finally did it. i finally pulled the trigger on a deal. i could not get a dealer in the connecticut, massachusetts, rhode island area to throw me a bone on any tractor! i was considering a new holland, century, mahindra, and long farmtrac. interesting from a business standpoint, i'm not sure i really get it. it seemed that dealers from away were willing to give substantially cheaper prices (knowing they would get no additional business???).

i ended up buying (locally) a long farmtrac 300 dtc with a 5140A loader and a 7 foot international scraper blade. should take delivery on thursday and i'm pretty excited.

i wanted to thank all of those who took the time to respond to my questions it really helped. great discussion board, one of the best i've seen
thanks again. i'll try to post a photo when i get my tractor

newby:)

/ FINALLY PULLED THE TRIGGER #2  
Good luck with the new machine and keep us informed how it works out .

/ FINALLY PULLED THE TRIGGER #3  
Congratulations! I looked at the Long tractors and was impressed. I even liked the color! BTW, I think you mean you got a Landtrac - not a Farmtrac. The Farmtracs are Indian-built based on the old Ford design, while the Landtracs are the more contemporary Korean-build units. Looking forward to pictures!
Mark

/ FINALLY PULLED THE TRIGGER #4  
We are all excited for you. We have all had the butterflies over making a major purchase of a tractor. I am sure you will enjoy your new ride.

/ FINALLY PULLED THE TRIGGER #5  
Congratulations! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Now start saving money for the little gadgetsand have-to-haves for it. A tractor is a lot like a fishing boat... a big whole to throw money into...

Don't forget a tilt meter. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/ FINALLY PULLED THE TRIGGER #6  
When we have had a few cocktails we refer to it as a tip-o-meter. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ FINALLY PULLED THE TRIGGER #7  
<font color="blue"> I think you mean you got a Landtrac - not a Farmtrac. </font>

I was just at my local Long dealer, they are calling the Landtrac series Farmtracs now. They are still made by LG in Korea, but they call them Farmtracs now.

/ FINALLY PULLED THE TRIGGER #8  
Oh....Ooops /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif
I guess they haven't updated the website yet....
Mark

/ FINALLY PULLED THE TRIGGER #9  
I hope you enjoy that new machine !!!! Congratulations !
BTW as I've discovered .. You'll enjoy it even more if you post a few pics here /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif ( it's a Karma thing ) John

/ FINALLY PULLED THE TRIGGER #10  
My Dealer said they were gonna be blue next year... but I like the purple...;)

fwc