New Holland Boomer 30

/ New Holland Boomer 30 #1  

Andy Z

Tractor
Kubota
Looking at pulling the trigger on a tractor in a week or two. Tractor will be used for snow blowing (front snowblower), FEL and box blade. I've been looking at the Kubota B2320 HSD and now this Boomer 30 has come to my attention. Its a class bigger than the 'bota however, the mid pto needs to be added which was a little surprising, for $1k. Any thoughts on the New Holland Boomer 30 (like I need to ask!), good, bad, ugly? Looks like a solid machine to me. I own seven acres and a 2200 foot, yes.....2200 foot, driveway.

/ New Holland Boomer 30 #2  
The Boomer 30 is an LS R3039 with a smaller engine, and much weaker loader (6" less lift height, 900lbs less lift capacity).

Some taller people find the operator's station a bit cramped.

For comparison, you can get an R3039H with all the options NH charges extra for (remotes, work lights, telescoping stabilizers, and 3pt arms, etc) for right around $20k U.S.

I can't imagine any reason for buying a Boomer or Case Farmall B (same as Boomers....made by LS) when you can buy one from LS for thousands less (up to $10k in some models) similarly equipped.

/ New Holland Boomer 30 #3  
WOW, 2200 foot of driveway on 7 acres? Circle drive? I hope you never have to buy gravel. I just put 43 tons on our 600' driveway and around the garages. Thank god the dump truck driver knew how to spread gravel or I would have been there a lot longer. Those guys are amazing. Anyway, back to the tractors. Good luck, lots of good one's out there. Tough making a decision for sure. Never looked at the New Holland, but the Kubota is definitely worth a look as is the LS, and several others.

Last edited:
   / New Holland Boomer 30
Caveat on someone else's property to get to our seven acres. Crazy!

/ New Holland Boomer 30 #5  
Changed my post, it was 43 tons not 4300. Any way, lots of gravel

/ New Holland Boomer 30
My father in law has a trucking company with belly dump trailers. We used crusher chips. After they got wet and dried, it was a very hard surface. Thats why we are getting the box blade to keep it maintained.

/ New Holland Boomer 30 #7  
I haven't seen the belly dump trailers around here. Just huge dump trucks. The one that brought my gravel could carry 21 tons legally and he had room for a lot more. The thing had 5 rear axles, 2 with duals and 3 with singles. The driver was amazing how well he could spread the gravel and make it look so nice and even.

/ New Holland Boomer 30 #8  
I haven't seen the belly dump trailers around here. Just huge dump trucks. The one that brought my gravel could carry 21 tons legally and he had room for a lot more. The thing had 5 rear axles, 2 with duals and 3 with singles. The driver was amazing how well he could spread the gravel and make it look so nice and even.

I drove them in high school and college...it's mostly knowing what gears to use with what chain settings on the tailgate. After you figure that out, you can lay down a bed X thick without any trouble at all...i.e. 4" thick is low 2nd with the chains on the first notch, let the truck idle forward...that sort of thing.

/ New Holland Boomer 30 #9  
They guy definitely impressed me. He couldn't get back to my detached garage very far because of a tree so had to do most of that with the tractor. But the area's he spread looked amazing. I have more respect for those guys now, it's definitely not just driving a truck for sure. They really know how to make it look good.

/ New Holland Boomer 30 #10  
Looking at pulling the trigger on a tractor in a week or two. Tractor will be used for snow blowing (front snowblower), FEL and box blade. I've been looking at the Kubota B2320 HSD and now this Boomer 30 has come to my attention. Its a class bigger than the 'bota however, the mid pto needs to be added which was a little surprising, for $1k. Any thoughts on the New Holland Boomer 30 (like I need to ask!), good, bad, ugly? Looks like a solid machine to me. I own seven acres and a 2200 foot, yes.....2200 foot, driveway.

Without doubt if you are looking at the New Holland you should go look at the LS like suggested. A little more tractor for a lot less money.