... close to getting Kubota M7040 SUHD w/ LA1153 loader. Any reason why not?

/ ... close to getting Kubota M7040 SUHD w/ LA1153 loader. Any reason why not? #1  

africa932003

Tractor
n/a
I'm getting very close to pulling the trigger on an M7040 SUHD which is interim tier 4, which means I avoid the DPV filters and emissions nonsense but which doesn't have a cab (sadly). I am able to get soft ride, LA1153 loader with bucket and bale spear, filled ag tires (Keibler radial), one pair of remotes, rear differential on 4x4, 8 speed shuttle shift. It's a basic 'economy' tractor for over $35k (Canadian, equivalent to $33k American) but I can get it serviced by a good mechanic who lives nearby and I've got a warranty and a new tractor that shouldn't give me headaches (knock on wood, which in this case is my head).
Can anyone give me a reason why this might not be the best decision? I've got 93 acres, I'll want to bale (4x4 round), do a bit of loader work and general farm duties, nothing too hardcore, but on occasion it's nice to have the extra power.
I've read a post from someone who complains about the LA1153 loader? Is this an isolated instance? Will I be able to pick up a load of dirt, collect rocks from the field, lift 1200 lb bales for animals? I've test-driven one of these tractors without a loader, but haven't tested it with a loader on.
I'm pretty keen about the fact there's no emissions systems on the 7040SUHD. I've heard some people already having problems that require the systems' computers to be reset by dealer. And I'm also excited to do Kubota, which is the nearest, and most reputable dealer in my area. The last thing I want is lengthy, and costly trips for servicing ...
But I can still be convinced out of this ...

/ ... close to getting Kubota M7040 SUHD w/ LA1153 loader. Any reason why not? #2  
I had some 4X5.5 rd bales delivered on an 18 wheeler that were being unloaded 2 @ a time by the truck driver with my M7040/LA135 until I quickly put a stop to the 2 bale @ a time because I don't like for the stacked rows to touch sides. So to answer you yes your proposed tractor can handle 1200# bales.

/ ... close to getting Kubota M7040 SUHD w/ LA1153 loader. Any reason why not? #3  
yes that 7040 wont even feel the 1200lb bales on the loader.my 7040s loader lifted 1800lb bales all winter with no probs at all.the 1153 loader is stout.

/ ... close to getting Kubota M7040 SUHD w/ LA1153 loader. Any reason why not? #4  
Love my m7040 . And it like said has no problem pick'n up two rounded rolls at a time I tried two 4x5's that where 1200 pounds each it done it fine but I just put one on the front normally at a time .

/ ... close to getting Kubota M7040 SUHD w/ LA1153 loader. Any reason why not? #5  
My neighbor's daughter was coming over to his house to get one of his big rolls to take to her house. He asked if I would come over and load it in the back of her new Dodge 3/4 ton pick up. When I got there he asked me to stab the bale high with the forks to avoid any damage to the side of the bed. Picked up the bale with no problem and didn't give a thought to the actual weight of the hay till I carefully set it in the bed. It was heavier than I thought as slowly the bed squatted lower and lower until it bottomed out. They said they had to drive real slow on the way home because of the weight of the hay..........and for the M7040 it was just another day at the office.

Charlie

/ ... close to getting Kubota M7040 SUHD w/ LA1153 loader. Any reason why not?
Thanks for all the responses. Glad to hear from everyone that the loader is up to snuff. How about ground implements (box blade, plow, disc, and of course a 4x5 baler -- will it only run hard core bales or will it do soft core bales?)

/ ... close to getting Kubota M7040 SUHD w/ LA1153 loader. Any reason why not? #7  
I think a M7040 will handle a 4X5 hard core baler just fine. I was unaware a soft core baler required more HP than a same size hard core baler

/ ... close to getting Kubota M7040 SUHD w/ LA1153 loader. Any reason why not? #8  
I have an Armstrong AG 8' Disc Harrow that I pull with my M7040 - it doesn't even know it's back there. I also have a root plow - BIG and VERY HEAVY - now that one makes its presence known, but it pulls it.

Not sure what they weigh, but I can lift a bundle of 50 Pressure Treated 8'x6" posts with the FEL and move them all the way across the pasture. I've got forks on the front in place of the bucket and I do have to admit the tractor is a wee bit tipsy with the whole bundle loaded - but it moves it. I think the weight is more of a factor for the forks than the FEL as you can see them flex. As you can imagine, I don't lift them but a few feet off the ground...

/ ... close to getting Kubota M7040 SUHD w/ LA1153 loader. Any reason why not? #9  
I haven't regretted buying my M7040 with LA1153 FEL for a second - great all around tractor for the ranch and farm work like you've described. The biggest implement I have is a weighted 10' Krause disk that it trots with in 4 wheel drive. The 1153 handles large round bales easily.

/ ... close to getting Kubota M7040 SUHD w/ LA1153 loader. Any reason why not? #10  
My loader is spooky stout on my M7040. I don't do bales but trees/logs that wash up in our bottomland when the creek floods. One tree that my L5040 loader couldn't budge never slowed down the M7040.

I got the standard and I could have got the SU but there are quite a few things that add up fast for the 1800 bucks extra you pay over the SU modle. Seat, floormats,three point hitch cylinders outside the frame,adjustable lift arm links, better tires,tilt steering wheel and more. My dad was cheap as they come and he looked them over side by side and said "don't take very long to come up with more than the difference in price" so we got the standard. I think they have the EGR as their enviromental thing and they are also turbocharged.

For my work on this farm (10 miles from the Corvette plant so think "sinkholes") the high range is too fast for any work but just transport. So you basically have just 4 "working" speeds for actually jobs. The extra gears on the newer models would be nice to find the sweet spot but so far I've been very happy overall with my M7040 and loader.