Buying Advice 2012 Kioti DK40SE HST or the LS R3039H

/ 2012 Kioti DK40SE HST or the LS R3039H #1  

Sgeary13

Tractor
We will see
I have 26 acres that i will be turning into a horse property. 16 acres of it is already cleared and will need fencing once the ground drys out a bit. I will have to clear land for a barn next to the house along with restoring the old stone walls on the property. I will be using the tractor for snow removal on my 1/4 mile driveway as well. Those are just some of the tasks i will need this tractor for. The two i am debating is the Kioti DK40SE HST and the LS R3039H. I checked out and test drove the Kioti the other day and was very impressed by it. It is the right size tractor i will need and it seemed to be reasonably priced at $25,999 with a backhoe. It has 39 hours. I have read all the other posts about Kioti and they seem like a really solid and dependable tractor. This would be my first tractor and i plan on having it for awhile. I am going to look at the LS R3039H tomorrow and everything i have read about the LS seems promising as well. The tractor is brand new with a backhoe. The dealer has it priced at $28000 right now but says there is wiggle room. I guess i will know more tomorrow when i check it out but right now i m leaning towards the Kioti. The kioti dealership is 20 miles away whereas the ONE LS dealership in NH is 1.5 hours away. He states that he will come do the service at your property but that comes at a price. I have gone over all the specs countless times on the two machines and right now it seems as though the Kioti has better numbers. I wanted to get some advice from people who were maybe in the same boat or can give some advice on how they feel about the 2 different tractors.

/ 2012 Kioti DK40SE HST or the LS R3039H #2  
Welcome to TBN......

2K difference for new compared to a 2 year old (almost new) with 39 hours isn't that great for numbers IMO.
If there is wiggle room as suggested the new LS sounds even better to me.
Does the DK40SE come with a warranty from the dealer. If so, how much warr. is left.
The new LS comes with a 5 yr. warr.
Does the DK come with dual rear remotes, telescoping 3 pt arms, QA loader bucket.
How does the loader lift capacity compare.
Yes I own an LS but when I was shopping the LS came standard with more options than the other brands. My dealer is 45 miles away but I plan on doing all my own service and only take to the dealer for a warranty issue should one arise. I'm not knocking Kioti, they are a fine tractor this is just my opinion for trying to get you more for your money. And we love helping members spend their money.

/ 2012 Kioti DK40SE HST or the LS R3039H
LS was my leading contender until i test drove the Kioti. The DK comes with a 3 year remaining warranty, has one remote but has the telescoping 3 pt arms and QA loader bucket. The DK dealer also stated that they could probably come down to 25k or do the 50 hour service free of charge. To me I would think the 50 hour service doesnt cost 1k. The DK loader seems like a beast at 2,761 and i believe the LS dealer told me the R3039 is at a little over 2200. I have some serious rocks and boulders here that i would like to move and having that extra lifting capacity with the DK is a nice selling point. I also like that the DK PTO HP is at 32.5 and the LS is at 29. I know i would be happy with both but when it comes to spending that much cash, i just want to make sure i make a solid informed decision.

/ 2012 Kioti DK40SE HST or the LS R3039H #4  
It's pretty much a coin flip, and you can't lose regardless of which side comes up. They are both excellent tractors.

The LS has bigger front tires and wheels and comes standard with two sets of rear hydraulic remotes. Does the LS have the SSQA loader? (I'm pretty sure that is standard on the LS "R" series. If not, that would steer me towards the Kioti.

The Kioti has better FEL specs and has that very handy rear lever for the 3 point hitch. It costs around $500 - $600 to add a second set of rear remotes to the Kioti.

I'd bet $5 against a hole in a donut that you'll be happy with whichever one you pick.

/ 2012 Kioti DK40SE HST or the LS R3039H #5  
Then it is a flip of a coin for you. Each tractor has its benefits over the other. I didn't know the Kioti dealer had wiggle room too. You didn't mention that. The 50 hr service would probably cost you $300-400 or more depending on labor but way under 1K. My 50 hr service will cost me about $200 or so just for parts and fluids. You might ask both dealers if they will throw in a factory service manual. That's another $100 cost to you later if you need one. Best of luck in your choice. I'm sure either one will serve your purposes. Since you mentioned the Kioti loader specs it seems to compare more with the LS R4041H instead of the R3039H. Ask the dealer to let you try one of them if he has one.

/ 2012 Kioti DK40SE HST or the LS R3039H #6  
Hey, I'm right on the other side of the Lake from you (Tuftonboro) and in a very similar situation...my wife and I just bought 26 acres too, sounds very similar to your property!

I too am shopping around for something in the 30 HP range (high 20 to low 30s most likely) and LS and Kioti are high on my list as well. Where is the LS dealer you're shopping at? The nearest one Ive found is over in Windham, ME. Would like to take a ride over to see the LS's up close when I get a chance - do you know of any LS dealer in NH?

There is a Kioti dealer just over the border in Lebanon, ME and also up the road in Conway, NH...so if I go Kioti Ill shop between them.

Welcome! Im new here myself, tons of great info on this forum.

The LS dealer is down in New Boston and hes the only one in the state. I believe he only has a couple tractors on site as he says he has been flying through them. I was debating to go into ME to look at tractors but it just didnt make sense to pass up tax-free NH. The kioti dealer i went to was in Conway. They are a powersports/tractor dealer but were very informative. But if i need to have service done it would make sense to go to the much closer dealer in ME. At this point, it seems as though it will come down to which dealer will want to make the sale. Im looking forward to getting on the LS and seeing how it feels. Good luck with your search, i also started in the 20-30hp range and that has now landed me in the 40hp range.

/ 2012 Kioti DK40SE HST or the LS R3039H #8  
Lift height capability. LS R3039 is 91.7 ". Kioti DK40 is 107.8". Something that might be important to you. 16" can be HUGE if that additional height is ever needed. ;)

Thats a good point. Spec wise advantage is going to the DK40 so I'm going to have to really impressed with the R3039 tomorrow and the dealer is going to have to step up to the plate. Im not sure he will even be able to touch the DK40 price of 25k and it seems like right now the DK is the better buy.

/ 2012 Kioti DK40SE HST or the LS R3039H #10  
The DK loader also lifts more..2761lbs for the DK...2250lbs for the LS.

The DK is more tractor period, a thousand pounds heavier, I'd try to get them to throw in the 50 hour service, or at least the filters and oil:thumbsup:.