Compact TLBs Kioti CK2510 vs Kubota B2320

/ Compact TLBs Kioti CK2510 vs Kubota B2320 #1  

Buggs67

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kioti 2014 CK2510 TLB
I'm shopping for a Compact TLB. I've been looking at Kioti because they are close and seem to have good specs. I'm also checking into Kubota (B2320) since they seem to be the breed standard in this class.

My Kioti dealer is saying the CK20 is every bit as powerful as the CK2510, even tho the CK2510 has 24.5hp vs 22hp for the CK20, and the PTO is 19.8 hp for the 2510 vs 16.2 hp for the 20. And the CK2510 has tandem hydrulic pumps putting out 11.3 GPM vs the CK20's single pump at 7.66 GPM.

My question is will these higher specs at the PTO (hp) and pump (GPM) be meaningful in actual use?

And the Kioti's specs for lifting capacity, breakout, backhoe reach and digging strength are superior to the Kubota. Any thoughts?

/ Compact TLBs Kioti CK2510 vs Kubota B2320 #2  
Hmmm, let me guess. The dealer has the CK20 in stock but would have to order the CK2510. Sounds to me he's trying to sell you what he has, not necessarily what you need.

On a TLB, the hydraulic flow is important. 11.3 vs. 7.66 could mean a big difference in backhoe operation.

What is the cost difference between the two?

Last edited:
   / Compact TLBs Kioti CK2510 vs Kubota B2320 #3  
I'm shopping for a Compact TLB. I've been looking at Kioti because they are close and seem to have good specs. I'm also checking into Kubota (B2320) since they seem to be the breed standard in this class.

My Kioti dealer is saying the CK20 is every bit as powerful as the CK2510, even tho the CK2510 has 24.5hp vs 22hp for the CK20, and the PTO is 19.8 hp for the 2510 vs 16.2 hp for the 20. And the CK2510 has tandem hydrulic pumps putting out 11.3 GPM vs the CK20's single pump at 7.66 GPM.

My question is will these higher specs at the PTO (hp) and pump (GPM) be meaningful in actual use?

And the Kioti's specs for lifting capacity, breakout, backhoe reach and digging strength are superior to the Kubota. Any thoughts?

If you are ever going to be using a snowblower, or even a tiller you will appreciate the extra PTO horse power. If it was me I think I would be looking for a different dealer who understands his product better, or is more honest with his customers. I would also agree with the previous poster. He is looking at what is best for him and not necessarily what is best for his customer. His motto may be, "If you can't dazzle them with brilliance try to baffle them with b___ s___."

/ Compact TLBs Kioti CK2510 vs Kubota B2320 #4  
I'd go CK27. No substitute for weight with a backhoe.

/ Compact TLBs Kioti CK2510 vs Kubota B2320
He has both in stock and the price difference is $1,000 more for the CK2510. I don't think he was trying to divert me, he was trying to match the machine to my current needs. There are things that appear superior on the CK20 (parts wise). The CK2510's engine block is the same as the CK27 tuned for lower power.

And he did say if I was planning on snowblower/tiller/deck mower operations the 2510 would be better. I'm mostly going to be digging and moving materials/grading with the bucket. Maybe snow plowing/moving.

/ Compact TLBs Kioti CK2510 vs Kubota B2320 #6  
He has both in stock and the price difference is $1,000 more for the CK2510. I don't think he was trying to divert me, he was trying to match the machine to my current needs. There are things that appear superior on the CK20 (parts wise). The CK2510's engine block is the same as the CK27 tuned for lower power.

And he did say if I was planning on snowblower/tiller/deck mower operations the 2510 would be better. I'm mostly going to be digging and moving materials/grading with the bucket. Maybe snow plowing/moving.

I am not familiar enough with those two tractors to give advise between the two, and I have found that more PTO power is always better.

/ Compact TLBs Kioti CK2510 vs Kubota B2320 #7  

Buggs
You cant go wrong with either one. I have a 2003 CK20HST with 10 yrs.and 1500 very hard dirt work hours. I have aCK2510 on order, with cab loader and frontmount snowblower.
The only reason i didn't move up to a CK35 was all the equipment I have sized for the CK20, especially my Backhoe which will swap over to the 2510. (that was a $6500 reason)
The Hydraulic capacity will make a big difference with the hoe, that didn't matter to me as my hoe is a PTO Rhino that Kioti sold back then. I can do as much at 1/4 throttle with the CK20, as tractor hydraulic unit can at full throttle, the difference is in pump flow rate.
I priced all the compitition in both 25-30hp class and 30-35hp class, i could have bought 35hp Mahindra's or LS's with cab loader and front blower,for about 1500 more than than the 2510. I quickly discounted all the competion in the 25-30 hp class as Kioti is the only one with all cast iron axle housings, this is very important for doing heavy dirt work especially using a backhoes. Aluminum axle housings can't handle as much stress as cast iron plus the extra weight is important for traction. (BTW way get your rear tires loaded with Rimgard or equal, important for traction and STABILITY doing loader work)
I do most of my part time landscape and excavating work on small suburban lots so size is important, also I snowplow or blow many city drives in winter many are very tight spaces.
After all last winters snow my neck was really hurting running a 5' 3ph blower looking over my shoulder.
Now that being said if my conditions were different more acres etc. I would do a 35hp class tractor in a heartbeat. 10hp and over 1000lbs of weight make a huge difference.
In summary hp and weight = ability to do work. Light weight is for lawn mowing and suburb homeowner work. Ask around about the dealers of different makes, the quality of integrity and service of your dealer is AS IMPORTANT AS THE TRACTOR brand or features. Talk to landscapers and small excavator companies etc and get their opinions on dealers.
ask the dealers for references of existing cutomers, then call them.
But I recommend the Kioti tractors which ever one you chose.

/ Compact TLBs Kioti CK2510 vs Kubota B2320 #8  
I think he's already made his choice, looking at the dates of posts, and his signature line.....:thumbsup:

/ Compact TLBs Kioti CK2510 vs Kubota B2320 #9  
I think he's already made his choice, looking at the dates of posts, and his signature line.....:thumbsup:

Opps, I forget to check dates sometimes, but I think my reply may still be helpful to some one else.

/ Compact TLBs Kioti CK2510 vs Kubota B2320 #10  
Hmmm, let me guess. The dealer has the CK20 in stock but would have to order the CK2510. Sounds to me he's trying to sell you what he has, not necessarily what you need.
I went to three dealers and told them what I had to do. The first two tried to sell me what they had on the lot: no matter how unsuitable.