Price Check Finding a starting point on price??

/ Finding a starting point on price?? #1  

ledebuhr1

Bronze Member
where did you find a starting point for price when you bought your CUT?? it seems like prices for CUTs are unpublished. I wouldent want to go to a dealer and pay 22k for a tractor that had a MSRP of 18K, because you dident know any difference.

I wish they had sticker on CUT's like cars do that list the features and the MSRP.

/ Finding a starting point on price?? #2  
I haven't bought my CUT - yet! /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

There are a lot of factors to be considered in determining which CUT is right for you. What are you going to be doing with it? How much property are you trying to maintain? Are you going to need the power to operate ground engaging implements, or are you just going to use it for mowing? How long do you want to own it?

It sounds to me like the price is your major concern, at least at this time. You need to decide what your budget can afford, and then go out and see what models fit that budget. If you're like most of the folks here, you'll find that you'll be modifying your ideas a number of times before you end up buying!

Good luck! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Finding a starting point on price?? #3  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( where did you find a starting point for price when you bought your CUT )</font>

I just started visiting every tractor dealer I found; first asking about used ones, then looking at some of the new ones and asking for a very general price (for about 6 months). Then when I decided what I wanted (a Kubota B7100 at that time), I just called 4 Kubota dealers, told each one exactly what I wanted (without telling any of them that I had called the others) and asked what was the best deal they could make me. Four years later, I just happened to see a B2710 on the lot where I bought the B7100, stopped out of curiosity, and he made me a deal I couldn't refuse, so I didn't shop anywhere else that time. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ Finding a starting point on price?? #4  
Homework, homework, homework. I wanted to support a local dealer with my purchase but I did get several prices for my new cut. My first bid for a TC-40D came in almost 4 grand higher than the other local boys and it was equipped the same. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif I guess I must have been wearing my “I’m a sucker” hat that day or something.

It costs you nothing to shop around. Don't spend your money until you are completely satisfied, then when you finally make your purchase don't look back.

/ Finding a starting point on price?? #5  
IF your particular brand and model is here, then it may be some help.

Prices

If you decide to give em out for Christmas, put me down for one. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Happy Shopping,

fwc

/ Finding a starting point on price?? #6  
FWC, great link!! I wish I knew about that before I went shopping..

Thanks for posting it...

/ Finding a starting point on price?? #7  
Wow, FWC, I haven't seen that page before but unfortuanatly dealers don't have that much room to play unless it is to a government entity or non-profit of one sort or the other. I have often gotten in trouble with farmers on school boards that want a tractor for the same price as the local FFA got theres for!

/ Finding a starting point on price?? #8  
Deere has prices for everything on their site (use the build it option). There is also a Kubota CUT price page that some person maintains, I don't have the bookmark any more but you might be able to find it by searching the web or past postings.

/ Finding a starting point on price?? #9  
The John Deere web site has a build and price feature which gives a rough MSRP. Someone mentioned looking at used equipment. I thought about that but when I considered the fact that I didn't have the cash to pay for the entire tractor and I would have to finance I decided to go with a new one. Deere and others have 0% for 3 years going right now. In some cases by the time you pay interest you could have had new.
Tractor pricing is kind of odd, a lot of it depends on what part of the country you live in. If brand X model 123 is very popular in your part of the country and they are selling as fast as you can get them, they will get a premium price for them.
In my recent pricing I looked at an AGCO ST35X, MF 1433V, and a Caterpillar Challenger 265. All 3 brands are owned by AGCO corp and all three tractors are identical and built by Iseki of Japan. The prices ranged from $14.3 K to $22.7K so go figure.

I pick up my new JD4310 tomorrow.

/ Finding a starting point on price?? #10  
Here's a link that has the prices of Kubota B-Series tractors: