Comparison JD L130 vs ??

/ JD L130 vs ?? #1  

CoachB

Tractor
Cub 1605
Thot about buying used L130 then saw some reviews. It was 2004 in rougher shape than expected anyway, but not sure what brand would be comparable. Want something that will last, can handle small hills and drag a baseball field. Thots?

/ JD L130 vs ??
Sorry...first timer. Seems it would be a comparison question.

/ JD L130 vs ?? #3  
It's a box store model ok for mowing grass on flat areas and not much else.

IMHO you'd be a lot better off buying a used JD 300 or 400 series.

/ JD L130 vs ?? #4  
I have an L130 and an x749 and find myself on the larger of the two most of the time. If your lawn is smooth and close to level the L130 is okay for mowing but I would not use it for pulling grades or carts. I prefer mowing my own lawn with the L130 because it is so much lighter than the x749 plus it allows me to leave the deck off the larger mower for other jobs.

In a nutshell the L130 is just an average box store mower that has a decent cut but nothing really special about it.

/ JD L130 vs ?? #5  
All most all of the box store mowers (Tractor style)rely on the same transmission in the hydro drive types. K4x trannies under ideal conditions will last about 150 hours mowing a flat lawn add a grade in there that you are climbing 30% of the time and that shrinks to about 120 hours any type of ground contact equipment used will reduce it to maybe 100 hrs likely less. You don't get into the better hydro tranies until somewhere over $2500 which are the k5x and k6x series. That L130 uses a K46 tranny, it is not serviceable, if it goes south might as well buy a new unit as replacement cost is 2/3 the price of a new unit + labor if not diy.