Zeroing in on LS or Kioti but I have some ?

/ Zeroing in on LS or Kioti but I have some ? #1  

Rngr275

Tractor
LS R4041H
Been doing my due diligence and shopping around to a few dealers and feel like it is going to be an LS or Kioti at this point. Thought an LS J2030 would do the trick ( brush hogging 5-6 acres and tilling/harrowing/plowing a couple more acres) until I saw one and played with it( and I talked to the dealer). Compared to the XR3032H right next to it, there was no comparison. The XR3032H is ~20-21K but has some really nice features. Went to the Kioti dealer to check out the CK30 HST which was really nice a little cheaper than the LS XR, but lacked some of the niceties. Right next to it was a DK40SE HST for a couple thousand more. The DK is a different beast and while I think (not sure) the CK would be OK to pull a 5-6ft brush hog and do some field work, the DK seems to be made for that level of work( and had some nice additional features). Trouble is, I am having a hard time finding a comparable LS model to the DK. The LS R series seems close by weight and features but I am not sure. Question is:
Do I really need the DK or save a couple thousand and go a little smaller?
What LS model should I be comparing against?
Is 35-40HP and weighing 3000-4000lbs sound like the right size tractor that I need or can I get by with a little less?

Thanks,
McD

/ Zeroing in on LS or Kioti but I have some ? #2  
What all you plan to do with it?

/ Zeroing in on LS or Kioti but I have some ? #3  

Sounds like you see saving $2000 is going to leave you with barely enough tractor. This is subjective but do not do it to save $2000. You will probably be less than completely satisfied. The slightly larger tractor will put you in a different league. No one can answer this for you. But a tractor of the size you can really use is a good investment.

/ Zeroing in on LS or Kioti but I have some ? #4  
Always buy bigger than you think regardless of brand. IMO. I did and many times I wish I had jumped up to a 55 or more.

/ Zeroing in on LS or Kioti but I have some ?
I need to keep 5-6 acres brush hogged, till or plow or harrow 3-4 1/2 acre plots a couple times a year. Then general farm stuff moving hay bales clean up, possible snow removal, and food plots to try a bag a fattend up whitetail.

/ Zeroing in on LS or Kioti but I have some ? #6  
Do I really need the DK or save a couple thousand and go a little smaller?
Dude, buy the DK:thumbsup:
You get a tractor with twice the lift capacity for a couple grand, 2761lbs to be exact;)
The DKs are one of the best bargains out there IMO, and a no brainer if it fits where you need it to go.
It would more than likely will be all the tractor you need...ever.....even if you move and your needs change.

/ Zeroing in on LS or Kioti but I have some ? #7  
I need to keep 5-6 acres brush hogged, till or plow or harrow 3-4 1/2 acre plots a couple times a year. Then general farm stuff moving hay bales clean up, possible snow removal, and food plots to try a bag a fattend up whitetail.

If you are moving round bales you will need the 40 horsepower.

Sent from my HTC One Max using TractorByNet

/ Zeroing in on LS or Kioti but I have some ? #8  
You have just jumped up about 6 sizes from the J series. A comparable LS to the DK 45 would be the XU 5020 @ 47 HP. In reality, I doubt that you need anything near that size to maintain 6 acres. You have just fell into the tractor buying deep well. You start looking at a 20 HP and then for a couple thousand more you can get a 25HP and then you look at it and for a few thousand more you cant get 30HP and so it goes till you are looking at the biggest CUT on the market or even getting into Utility size which is where the Kioti DK and LS XU series are.
Unless you are going to be routinely moving 1500# round hay bales a CK series Kioti or G3038 LS would serve you well.

/ Zeroing in on LS or Kioti but I have some ? #9  
You have just jumped up about 6 sizes from the J series. A comparable LS to the DK 45 would be the XU 5020 @ 47 HP. In reality, I doubt that you need anything near that size to maintain 6 acres. You have just fell into the tractor buying deep well. You start looking at a 20 HP and then for a couple thousand more you can get a 25HP and then you look at it and for a few thousand more you cant get 30HP and so it goes till you are looking at the biggest CUT on the market or even getting into Utility size which is where the Kioti DK and LS XU series are.
Unless you are going to be routinely moving 1500# round hay bales a CK series Kioti or G3038 LS would serve you well.

Correct, and I just assumed he would use a front end loader for moving the bales. The smaller tractors could move the bales with the 3PH.

Sent from my HTC One Max using TractorByNet

/ Zeroing in on LS or Kioti but I have some ? #10  
I'm generally in the bigger = better category, but for six acres you really don't need a massive tractor. That said if you've got the cash and the place to park it, you won't regret it. Are you moving around round bales or squares?

I researched the DK series fairly recently- they appear to be fantastic machines.

Then again, for what you're doing it sounds like you could really get by with an old 2wd utility tractor (8n, 2040, etc) for a fraction of the cost.