new tractor thoughts

/ new tractor thoughts #1  

allen6634

Silver Member
Tractor
600 ford
i have been shoping around for a new tractor, this last week , boy have i met with stuff that worries me , the first dealer is 30 miles from me , witch just the distance makes me want to buy from him, but the guy lied to me , so i go to another place , now i feel like i'm begging them to sell me a tractor , this guy has two great parts guys , i try to buy my parts from them when i can ,now for the third guy he has two dealerships one of them requires me to drive in a large city, and the other is located in a smaller town both are the same distance from me, but i think his stuff is overpriced ,from all the looking i have done on the net and around me i have found the tractor i like and would buy if i was to find the dealer i was comfortable with, what has happened to sales people, i have found this crap in car dealers near me, im wondering if it is me or them.

/ new tractor thoughts #2  
Allen,

The bottom line is that it's all about the bottom line. Buying a tractor is a business transaction, and it is your money. If you've found the machine you really want at a good price, buy it. Dealer location is important if and when you need to haul it to the shop. Do what's right for you.

/ new tractor thoughts #3  
A more important consideration would be if a dealer has a mobile repair truck especially for warranty work. Hardly any dealer will pick up and deliver your tractor for free even if work is covered by manufacturer's warranty. Some dealers will send out a truck with mechanic to fix or at least troubleshoot minor items at no charge which saves you $$$ and time without a tractor. If you are 30 miles from your dealer, look for a $200 pick up charge if he has to come and haul your tractor to his shop.

Distance of up to 75 miles from a dealer is really no big deal if hauling it yourself as long as you don't have to go thru a large town during rush hour. It takes about 30 minutes to load up and tie off your tractor at each end of the trip so travel time is about the same as loading/unloading time.
I took my tractor back to the dealer one time in the 3+ years of ownership and that was just to replace a broken seat and drawbar attachment both of which I could have done myself but I had the dealer go over it while it was there since it was just about out of the 2 year bumper to bumper warranty.

So to me, distance is less important than a having a trusty dealer, a good price, reliable repair facility and one that can come to you if needed. Also if you are a large distance from you dealer, you may check to see if he will drop ship parts to you that you order over the phone, stuff like filters and other small items. This can save you a trip.

/ new tractor thoughts
i agree with you on the trust , this is what troubles me the most , the one dealer who has the tractor i want , has lied to me , one lie came from the sales side and the other lie came from the service side, so now i am worried about any trouble if i happend to need warrenty work done,

/ new tractor thoughts
that is why i am so torn up about this , i realy don't feel comfortable doing business with people i can't trust.

/ new tractor thoughts
i don't expect the dealer to pick up a tractor for free , this is why i am looking close to my place as i can , i do expect them to deliever, a new tractor, for free at a short distance, i guess you can call me old school, im more about the service , than the price.

/ new tractor thoughts #7  
What size tractor are you looking at? I bet if you were looking at a large 4 wheel drive 300 hp ag tractor they would fall all over you. When I bought my Kubota BX I ended up with it not just because I liked it but I actually had a salesman that helped me out and was actually interested in what I really needed. When I went to another dealer it wasn't like they didn't help me, they just didn't seem all that excited to sell me anything. They both sold large ag equipment also. Its all about attitude I guess and sometimes its worth going a little farther if you have to. I feel pretty luck my Kubota dealer is only about 8 miles from my house.

/ new tractor thoughts #8  
I just bought the b2650 and the dealer told me if any warranty work had to done they pick up and deliver for free ( 70 miles one way ).

/ new tractor thoughts
i agree, was checking out the specs on this tractor because i couldn't get that info else where , i found a sight they had you tube vids about the tractors they sold , in order to get the specs i had to leave contact info , so i did , and within 15 min the sales guy called , he kept me on the phone for some time , but there is a problem , i'm in Kentucky he in North Carolina, he even told me he would deliver the tractor had this guy worked at my local dealer he would have sold a tractor and then some.

/ new tractor thoughts
is your b2650 a kabota? i have been contacted by two dealers both seemed motivated sellers both are a 3 hr drive for me so then again i'm trying to stay close incase i need work done.