FORD 5000 - Is dealer too high??

/ FORD 5000 - Is dealer too high?? #1  

CW_Farm

Tractor
New Holland TT60A
FORD 5000
Diesel, 4000-ish hours, tight clutch, shifts smooth, runs strong, clean straight metal all around.
One owner, local trade, has an M&W turbo kit on it, one set of remotes. Almost new rubber on rear, 70% on front.

Listed at $7500.

I could use a tractor this size, for my haying operation, but it is not a NEED. I have always wanted a 5000, I grew up around one and it's been years since it's left the farm. I've looked everywhere trying to get a good comparison, and it seems that this price is right in the middle of what they're listed for elsewhere.

So, please help - would this be worth it, or should I just keep looking?

/ FORD 5000 - Is dealer too high?? #2  
If a genuine clean 4000 hour Ford 5000 is priced in the middle of the range of asking prices you find elsewhere, why would you think the price too high? Is it an early style or late style 5000?

/ FORD 5000 - Is dealer too high??
I've been seeing some other 5000's in the SE Ohio area listed for $6000-$8000 that appear to be in the same shape. Now, I don't know if some of these other units are gas or diesel, or obviously how well they operate (clutch, engine, hydraulics). So, i'm just trying to get some input as far as if a person, such as yourself, would think this price is worth taking a serious look at this tractor? Or is the dealer

Like I said, this is a one owner machine. To me, that's one thing that makes it a little more valuable. I like finding one owner equipment, especially local guys that have done business with the dealer before.

Also, since I am unfamiliar with the M&W turbo kit, how much HP does that add? And what is that kit worth? This will also have an effect on it's value.

/ FORD 5000 - Is dealer too high?? #4  
I'll ask again, is it an early or late style 5000? The M&W setup would add whatever HP the guy that wrote the check asked the pump shop to set the injection pump for. Hopefully not over about 80 PTO HP. The M&W kit is worth about the same as the labor to take it off plus the parts required to return the tractor to original condition, and maybe enough to recalibrate the IP.

/ FORD 5000 - Is dealer too high?? #5  
you have to remember that the new teir 4 tractors has pushed up the price on good used tractors.id say $6500 on that 5000 ford.

/ FORD 5000 - Is dealer too high?? #6  
To my mind that doesn't seem to be a bad price for the condition you say it is in. I've seen pretty beat up ones that they wanted almost that much. The 5000 has always been a popular tractor and you'll probably pay more for it than similar horsepower, with good reason. My brother had a 4000 many years back and it was a sweet machine, he sold it when he moved to Florida and I wasn't on a farm at the time and didn't need it. Always liked the Fords from that era.