Happy Happy Happy New Mahindra 5010 4WD HST Cab Coming Friday

/ Happy Happy Happy New Mahindra 5010 4WD HST Cab Coming Friday #1  

bobm6996

Silver Member
Tractor
Mahindra 5010 4WD HST Cab, Mahindra 2615 Gear, Scag Tiger Cat 48", Gravely 42" ZTR, EZ GO Gas Golf Cart
I had another thread started asking for help on the purchase of a new tractor, got a lot of help. It started out like it does for many I am sure, what I want and what I get are not the same. But, the wife finally said you are nearing retirement and this will be the last new purchase more than likely, so get what you want instead of settling on something less because of a few grand, a month ago she was trying to talk me into doing nothing or buying something used and cheap. As Tennessee Ernie Ford (showing my age) would say; "Bless her little pea picking heart".

I signed yesterday for a new Mahindra 5010 4WD HST Cab that will be delivered on Friday. I will be taking pics and posting over the weekend. The deal:

Tractor w/loader (SSQA) 72 inch bucket, 48 inch 4000# pallet forks, 60 inch grapple single cylinder and he through in a 3PT quick hitch for free. For the grapple remote function need the dealer runs hydraulic hoses from the back remotes to the front with quick disconnects, much cheaper solution than a third function remote add-on and he is doing that at no extra cost. Very rare for me that I would ever need the grapple on and have something on the rear needing the remotes.

Kept the 2006 Mahindra 2615 and it will probably end being the wife's tractor for work in the horse barn and paddocks. She has been asking me to teach her how to drive it so she can do some of the work herself.

I am 63 years old and as excited as a 5 year old at Christmas. No more being cold in the winter and will not be hot and buried in dust when doing hay.

/ Happy Happy Happy New Mahindra 5010 4WD HST Cab Coming Friday #2  
Pictures or it did not happen ;)

Grats... prematurely, I must add.. heh

Russ

/ Happy Happy Happy New Mahindra 5010 4WD HST Cab Coming Friday #3  
Would you mind sharing what you paid for that? It would provide general info/help to other members.

/ Happy Happy Happy New Mahindra 5010 4WD HST Cab Coming Friday #4  
good for you enjoy your Tractor.

/ Happy Happy Happy New Mahindra 5010 4WD HST Cab Coming Friday
Sorry I meant to include what I paid. It was $33,500, put a big chunk down and financed the remaining through Mahindra at 2.9%. I have a friend who was a Mahindra dealer and sold me my first tractor and he felt I was getting a good deal, so hope I did. I am Happy Happy Happy so that is all that matters.

/ Happy Happy Happy New Mahindra 5010 4WD HST Cab Coming Friday #6  
enjoy your new tractor.

/ Happy Happy Happy New Mahindra 5010 4WD HST Cab Coming Friday #7  
Congratulations on your new tractor and an understanding wife. Mine pretty much the same to me when I was trying to save money and I got what I really needed.

I really like the third function on my 5740, but will be using the rear remotes on our 8540, I'm not going to do it now, but I think there is a way to add a diverter to keep from having to hook/unhook to use one or the other; J J, MtnVirewRanch or one of the other more knowledgeable members can advise.

If you didn't get one, I highly recommend a hydraulic top-link.

Fun times to come.:thumbsup:

/ Happy Happy Happy New Mahindra 5010 4WD HST Cab Coming Friday #8  
Sorry I meant to include what I paid. It was $33,500, put a big chunk down and financed the remaining through Mahindra at 2.9%. I have a friend who was a Mahindra dealer and sold me my first tractor and he felt I was getting a good deal, so hope I did. I am Happy Happy Happy so that is all that matters.

If that price included the grapple, and pallet forks, it sounds like a great deal. Without, it still sounds more than fair.

/ Happy Happy Happy New Mahindra 5010 4WD HST Cab Coming Friday #9  
Nice tractor. Enjoy the "sun roof!"

/ Happy Happy Happy New Mahindra 5010 4WD HST Cab Coming Friday #10  
That is a nice tractor to have near retirement, you can get a lot of work done with it. Enjoy.