Price Check Mahindra 3016 / 3616 price question

/ Mahindra 3016 / 3616 price question #1  

dbarkley

Tractor
Farmall F20
I believe I have decided to pull the plug and purchase a Mahindra tractor. There is a local dealer that is about 5 miles from where I live. I called the dealer today to inquire about the price of a 3016 with HST with FEL and the skidsteer style bucket. He did say he had the 3616 in stock but would have to order the 3016. He did explain the financing and how it works and I think I have decided to go with what he called, the middle route. It would be 2.99% for 84 months.
Now my questions, he quoted me 20,500 for the 3016 and 21,500 for the 3616 (instock). He also had one he called a rental that has 60 hours on it for 20,500, it would be sold as new since it has not been registered. So I would get full warranty.

I am located in North Central Illinois, are these decent prices for these tractors in my location? To me they seem higher priced than what has been posting on here. I am in process of calling other dealers but they are 60 - 90 miles away and I have no way to get them back home.
For a 1,000 more should I go with the 3616? Would you purchase the rental one with 60 hours on it to get the 3616 at the same price of a 3016?
I was also thinking of one with a Backhoe. I believe it would be nice to have but not really truly needed at this time
He has one in stock, a 3016 shuttle shift for a price of 27,000. Can anyone comment on that price? Good / Bad / keep shopping...

How hard would it be to add a backhoe at a later date?

I know a lot of questions but just want to get some expert opinions.

Thanks,

/ Mahindra 3016 / 3616 price question #2  
Around South Alabama...Two dealer close. One told me $19,500 for the 3616 with FEL, the other one was $21,500 I believe. The 3016 I was told around $16,000 if I remeber right at the first dealer. Not sure on the BH price add. Im so tired of calling and tractor shopping..I am looking at the LS tractors. I had a Mahindra a few years ago..but I moved and my neighbor wanted mine so he bought it. But for the price I really like the LS tractors for what you get standard. The one I have looked at seem to be well built tractors.

/ Mahindra 3016 / 3616 price question #3  
I believe I have decided to pull the plug and purchase a Mahindra tractor. There is a local dealer that is about 5 miles from where I live. I called the dealer today to inquire about the price of a 3016 with HST with FEL and the skidsteer style bucket. He did say he had the 3616 in stock but would have to order the 3016. He did explain the financing and how it works and I think I have decided to go with what he called, the middle route. It would be 2.99% for 84 months.
Now my questions, he quoted me 20,500 for the 3016 and 21,500 for the 3616 (instock). He also had one he called a rental that has 60 hours on it for 20,500, it would be sold as new since it has not been registered. So I would get full warranty.

I am located in North Central Illinois, are these decent prices for these tractors in my location? To me they seem higher priced than what has been posting on here. I am in process of calling other dealers but they are 60 - 90 miles away and I have no way to get them back home.
For a 1,000 more should I go with the 3616? Would you purchase the rental one with 60 hours on it to get the 3616 at the same price of a 3016?
I was also thinking of one with a Backhoe. I believe it would be nice to have but not really truly needed at this time
He has one in stock, a 3016 shuttle shift for a price of 27,000. Can anyone comment on that price? Good / Bad / keep shopping...

How hard would it be to add a backhoe at a later date?

I know a lot of questions but just want to get some expert opinions.

Thanks,

If you can get a tractor with 28% more HP for only $1000, that is a no brainer to me. 60 hours is nothing on these tractors, if the demo unit is clean and not dinged up, I would certainly consider it, but that may just be me. It all comes down to what you are comfortable with.

Good luck with your decision.

/ Mahindra 3016 / 3616 price question
thanks for the advice and yes once he said it was only 1000 more I made my mind up on the 3616 model.
I stopped and took a look at the demo unit and it was in good shape so I think I am going to try for that one. So I can get it at the same price as a new 3016.
thanks for the replies and that does make me feel a little better about getting the demo unit.

/ Mahindra 3016 / 3616 price question #5  
I think the price difference between a 3016 and a 3616 is about $2400 normally. If a dealer is showing only a $1000 difference, his 3016 is high or his 3616 is low. Sometimes a dealer gets aggressive on pricing for what he has in stock and not so much on one he has to order. If budget allows, get the 3616 and I'd for sure consider the barely used unit. You might make sure the 50 hour service has been completed.

/ Mahindra 3016 / 3616 price question
He did not have any of the 3016 in stock and would have to order but he did have 1 new and 1 demo unit of the 3616 with everything that I wanted. So I pretty much figured that was the way to go.

I was going to ask the dealer what the normal service hours were and if it was close to see if he would include the service. I will for sure make a point of asking if the 50 hour service was completed.
Thank you so very much for that.
Hopefully within a few weeks I will pick up my new tractor.

/ Mahindra 3016 / 3616 price question #7  
Thats high for the 3016 but maybe more in line with the 3616.
Last August I bought a 3016 shuttle with the backhoe with thumb, FEL, scraper, and forklift and paid 23700, and at the time I was quoted about a 800 more if I want it in hydro. I did inquire about the 3616 and I can't remember exactly but it was a couple thousand more for that tractor.
Looks like he's trying to clear his in stock tractors which could be better for you