LS 2023 or 2030?

/ LS 2023 or 2030? #1  

Blstr88

Silver Member
Tractor
J2023H
So Ive narrowed it down to either the 2023 or 2030...they have everything I need at a great price, and I can use a FRONT mount snowblower which will be 10x easier for my wife than having to back down our driveway...

My question is, is the +5 HP the 2030 has going to make a noticeable difference in anything? The biggest turn off for my with the 2030 is that is has the single-peddle design which I really dislike. The 2023 has the two-pedals.

If the 2030 had the twin-peddle design Id get that hands down...but I really dislike the single pedal. The 2023 is ~$800 cheaper than the 2030 which doesnt matter to me (although saving $800 is always nice!).

Anybody else dislike the single pedal but grow to like it?

/ LS 2023 or 2030? #2  
At the PTO the difference is actually only 2.5hp. You'd just have to make sure to size the snow thrower appropriately.

Keep in mind that they also make 3pt snow throwers that you use by driving forward, and they tend to be less expensive than front mount.

/ LS 2023 or 2030? #3  
Anybody else dislike the single pedal but grow to like it?

Personally, I prefer the twin pedal setup. However, I used to have a Kioti CK20 with the single pedal, and like anything else, once you get a few hours of experience on it, it'll be second nature and you won't mind it.

Most of the Kubota tractors have the single pedal, and the Kubota boys seem happy enough.

I wouldn't let that be the sole deciding factor of purchasing one tractor over another.