Buying Advice Looking for Smaller Tractor with Strong Loader

/ Looking for Smaller Tractor with Strong Loader #1  

verdanthills

Tractor
Case IH Farmall 95
Hi All,

I have a Case Farmall 95 tractor that I use for my field work, baling and wrapping. It's a great tractor for the open field.

I will be needing a smaller open station tractor that is able to:

(1) Pick up my 4 ft round haylage bales (weighing max of 1,400 pounds) with a spear and transporting them about 30 ft on level land into a round feeder. The round bales are stacked 2 high and the feeder will need a lift height of the loader to be 6 feet. I have created a 25 foot alley between the haylage storage and the feeders. At tractor with decent manueverability is preferred; and

(2) Muck out the loafing shed that is a simple pole barn 24x36 that has open access on 3 sides with posts every 12 feet on the perimeter. I will be pushing manure into a pile outside. Manueverability is needed.

I could accomplish these tasks with my Farmall 95 but it would take a lot of concentration. It would be nice to have a small tractor around. With the loader needs, I have thought about a skid steer but they are expensive, complicated, and couldn't help around the farm with lighter duty tasks such as attaching a small sprayer or fertilizer spreader.

Any suggestions? I was thinking of a Kubota L3200. I'm open to any brand....but local dealer support and availability is key. I wanted to look into Mahindra due to their strong loader specs but am not inclined because the closest dealer is 3 hours away.

Thanks!

/ Looking for Smaller Tractor with Strong Loader #2  
Maybe break the needs into two parts.

Something like this on your large tractor:

Ag Krane - Ag Kranes - MSL-072 KRANE

And a small tractor without the large lift capacity for the barn cleaning.

Bruce

/ Looking for Smaller Tractor with Strong Loader
Maybe break the needs into two parts.

Something like this on your large tractor:

Ag Krane - Ag Kranes - MSL-072*KRANE

And a small tractor without the large lift capacity for the barn cleaning.

Bruce

This is my backup option. I have a squeeze to lift the wrapped bales on my FEL on the Case. I could use the Case to move the bales in to the feeder. If I can't find a smaller tractor with a FEL that can lift 1,400 pounds, I will stick to my Case and buy a smaller B series Kubota to scrape the barn.

/ Looking for Smaller Tractor with Strong Loader #4  
LS model R3039 or R3039H loader will lift 2250 lb. Current prices in my area are $18,999 or $19,999 w/HST.

/ Looking for Smaller Tractor with Strong Loader #5  
Sounds like a good job for a skid steer...

/ Looking for Smaller Tractor with Strong Loader #6  
Why not another Case Farmall B or C series? Smaller with good lift capacity and if you have a Case already there must be a dealer nearby?

/ Looking for Smaller Tractor with Strong Loader #7  
I'd look at the john deere 3000 series

I'd look at the john deere 3000 series

Unfortunately, these models have a max loader capacity of about 1,200 pounds at pivot pins at max height.

LS model R3039 or R3039H loader will lift 2250 lb. Current prices in my area are $18,999 or $19,999 w/HST.

Thanks! I will look into the LS. I hope I have a dealer nearby. The pricing and specs look good!

Unfortunately, these models have a max loader capacity of about 1,200 pounds at pivot pins at max height.

I was wrong on this...models 3320 and up can lift 1,600 pounds at pins at max height.