John Deere 2025R Vs. Others

/ John Deere 2025R Vs. Others #1  

petersene

Tractor
Ford 9N
I've been looking for a tractor to replace my Ford 9N for a few years now. I think it has come to the point that my ford needs a complete restoration to be a reliable tractor. Also I use the Loader 80% of the time and the ford was never really meant to handle that. So, I have been looking at the J.D. 2025R with the H130 loader. I been trying to research some on that tractor but I guess being fairly new I haven't been able to find much. Does anyone have first hand knowledge of the J.D or would they recommend something else. I have looked at the Kubota, but kinda like the foot controls of the J.D. better. I was quoted a price of $17,675 for the 2025R with H130 Loader with 53" Bucket and Ballast Box. How does that compare to other prices some may have seen?

Thanks for you help.
Erik

/ John Deere 2025R Vs. Others #2  
You could search John Deere 2320 and come up with many hits. Same tractor with very minor changes other than the decals. Being on Long Island doesn't help but there are 2 JD dealers, a Kubota dealer right around the corner from one of the JD dealers and a New Holland/ Mahindra dealer in Riverhead only a few miles from the Kubota and JD dealers. There is also a Massey Ferguson dealer in West Babylon.

/ John Deere 2025R Vs. Others #3  
I don't think much of that price for what you get.

For around $12,500 you could get an LS J2023 that is the same basic size (within 100lbs), has similar power (within 1/2hp at the PTO), has twice the hydraulic pump flow, the same 3pt lift capacity, has 250lbs more FEL lift capacity to 6" higher max height (means it's significantly more powerful), and a better warranty.

I'm not saying the JD is a bad machine, but for a lot less money (relative term) you can get as much performance in every category, and a lot more in a few key areas.

/ John Deere 2025R Vs. Others #4  
I've been looking for a tractor to replace my Ford 9N for a few years now. I think it has come to the point that my ford needs a complete restoration to be a reliable tractor. Also I use the Loader 80% of the time and the ford was never really meant to handle that. So, I have been looking at the J.D. 2025R with the H130 loader. I been trying to research some on that tractor but I guess being fairly new I haven't been able to find much. Does anyone have first hand knowledge of the J.D or would they recommend something else. I have looked at the Kubota, but kinda like the foot controls of the J.D. better. I was quoted a price of $17,675 for the 2025R with H130 Loader with 53" Bucket and Ballast Box. How does that compare to other prices some may have seen?

Thanks for you help.
Erik

It is a new model and comes in just under the strict teir4 emissions. I think it is the same tractor as the 2032 with less power and no emissions equipment. There may be some other minor differences. The price does not sound too bad for tractor that size. The Deere guys always say to build the tractors on JD's website like you got a quote on and take off 18%. I would check out and see how people like the 2032r and the 2720 that it replaced.

/ John Deere 2025R Vs. Others #5  
I bought the 2720 last year and I'm very happy with it. My father has a 9N so I'm familiar with that tractor too. I've always loved the way that old gas engine sounds and I've always liked the way that old tractor looks. The hydrostatic drive on my tractor makes operation so much easier, especially when you're using the FEL. I preferred the side-by-side pedals too. I don't know what kind of work you'll be doing with it but for my purposes it's been great. I've used the FEL for moving a lot of dirt and firewood and recently uprooted and moved a pretty big tree and root ball with it. My chipper is really the primary reason for buying the tractor though. I've only got 30 hours on it and probably half that time is for the chipper. I wanted a JD because I liked the fit and finish but I won't argue with those who find less expensive tractors out there. They're all nice machines no matter what the brand. I just looked at all the brands and went with JD because it was what I wanted.

/ John Deere 2025R Vs. Others #6  
2320 = 2025R
2720 = 2032R
No more 2520

/ John Deere 2025R Vs. Others #7  
Also look at Massey. I believe the folks with the 1705/1710's ate getting them for around $13k.

/ John Deere 2025R Vs. Others
Thank you for everyone's suggestions. The ls tractors looked intriguing but the closest dealer for me is over 2.5 hours away. Dealer support within an hour or less is fairly important to me. Looking at dealers that are close to me its, John Deere, Kubota, New Holland and Mahindra. It's a tough decision as I only want to buy this once and don't want to be disappointed with my decision. I'm going to try an take off work one day and go take a look at all of these. Thank You for your help and keep the comments coming.

/ John Deere 2025R Vs. Others #9  
Thank you for everyone's suggestions. The ls tractors looked intriguing but the closest dealer for me is over 2.5 hours away. Dealer support within an hour or less is fairly important to me. Looking at dealers that are close to me its, John Deere, Kubota, New Holland and Mahindra. It's a tough decision as I only want to buy this once and don't want to be disappointed with my decision. I'm going to try an take off work one day and go take a look at all of these. Thank You for your help and keep the comments coming.

FYI, the New Holland Boomers, are actually the same machine as an LS with a weaker loader, and much higher price tag. For that reason alone, I wouldn't buy one.

/ John Deere 2025R Vs. Others
Looking a little more and afraid of getting something too small what are the main differences between the 2025 & 3032e other that engine HP & Size? I have this overwhelming fear of getting something too small.