JD1025R or 3032e

/ JD1025R or 3032e #1  

lionelg9

Tractor
None
Hello,

This is my first post to the forum and I am looking for some advice. I recently bought 6 acres of property and it is all grass. There are some considerable hills to mow. I had the JD dealer come out to look at the property. He mentioned the hills were too much for a zero turn and that a 4wd tractor would be the best bet. I have looked at the 1025r and it has received great reviews. The 3032e has received great reviews as well. I know the tractors are quite different in power. I will be using my tractor primarily for mowing the 6 acres, maintaining and plowing a 150 yard gravel drive, tilling maybe a half acre of corn, and moving stone and dirt to build a patio. I only want to buy this tractor one time with no regrets. My question is would I regret not going bigger or will the 1025 get the job done. It will be only for around the home type use. I have no plans of becoming a farmer. Any opinions or comments would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

/ JD1025R or 3032e #2  
the 1025 is the better mower. The 3032 is far superior for loader work. The smaller tractor can be an asset for snow removal when working around cars and tight space. I have an X739 for mowing and snow removal and a Kioti CK25 for loader/dirt work. The X739 will plow circles around the CK for snow in tight spaces. Many times faster and safer. Have you considered other brands? There are many many to choose from.

/ JD1025R or 3032e #3  
We have a 3038e at our acreage & a 1025R FILB at the house. If you were going to need/use ground engaging and/or heavy pto driven 3pth attachments I would really recommend the 3e series as bang for the buck. For primarily mowing plus some light to moderate fel work, the 1025R is extremely nimble (will almost do a 180 in its own length) and well appointed with a comfortable seat, folding rop and cruise control. The 1025R h120 fel is easy off and on while the 3e needs an add-on kit to easily remove/replace more than just the bucket. I say light to moderate fel use, but it isn't wimpy. I used the 1025 in building a parking are for our trailers at the house, cleaning and grading the area then moving and spreading 30+ tons of crusher run. It had no trouble scooping and lifting full buckets of stone.

Nick

/ JD1025R or 3032e #4  
That is so hard...you just bought, so I am guessing you have not been there very long. I would bet that after you live there a little while you are going to come up with things you want to do that you never even thought of.

Depending on what kind of "yard" you want the larger machine will be harder on the yard. Just being larger and more heavy.

Someone once said that the little machines like the 1 series can do anything....it will just do it slower. Think of eating a bowl of cereal with a spoon vs. a gravy ladle. Good and bad to both, one is faster, the other is much more easy to put into your mouth.

/ JD1025R or 3032e #5  
I would bet you will find the 1025R too small after a short period of time. I would consider the 2032R or the 3032 but they are quite different. Will you use a trailing finish mower or a belly mower? Is the lands reasonably flat? Then you can use a 6' mower. If the driveway is long and straight with room at either end then you wound need really tight maneuvering. Snow? A tractor mounted snowblower is really worth the money on longer runs....

Give us more details so we can help you spend your money :laughing:

/ JD1025R or 3032e #6  
Is a 3032E or 3038E available with a mid pto for a mmm? I am sure the 2032R has the capability for a 72"mmm.

/ JD1025R or 3032e #7  
Is a 3032E or 3038E available with a mid pto for a mmm? I am sure the 2032R has the capability for a 72"mmm.

Yes, but one is drive over, the other is not...I dont remember if the 72 is the drive over or not

/ JD1025R or 3032e #8  
No mid-mount pto option on the 3e series, just the rear. Not aware of any belly mount mower that can be rigged to run on one, just the 3ph variety like the 59" Caroni we run on our 3038e.

Nick

/ JD1025R or 3032e #9  
I have a new 3032e and it is an awesome machine. I have a 5' brush hog, 6' rear blade and the 305 Loader. It does everything I need it to. I do however use a ZTR Toro Mower for mowing. I have 10 acres and mow about 2. The rest is put up in hay. I didn't think the 3032e had the capability of a mid pto for a belly mower, I know mine only has the rear pto. I have about 800' of gravel drive to maintain.
tractor.jpg
20140415_174409.jpg

Last edited: