Purchased John Deere... How long does it take?

/ Purchased John Deere... How long does it take?
FEL arrived yesterday, the dealer spoke to me this afternoon letting me know and that the tractor should arrive next week.

Arrive safe home brother! And let me know how the Deere runs! ;)

First of all congratulations. I am no stranger to the waiting game, as my new tractor, which I ordered in December, is just being delivered today. Believe me, the long wait was not the fault of John Deere or the dealer, but the process of ordering and signing all my paperwork from overseas. It was averaging at least 2 weeks for mail to get from here to my dealer, and I had to send multiple packets at different times. I've got the wife taking pictures when it gets delivered, and I'll be able to see it in person on Saturday, when I get home on leave.

If it's been prepped, and is just sitting on your dealer's lot, I'm guessing you'll be seeing your new baby about the same time I'm seeing mine. Good luck and enjoy.

/ Purchased John Deere... How long does it take? #13  
Thanks. Mine was actually delivered on time and as promised, and the wife did her due diligence and sent me the required photo of my new baby being unloaded. I'm on my first of several flights in about 8 hours, and although I really miss my wife and family, I'm most anxious to see the new tractor in person. The only reason I could write that last line is my wife doesn't go on this site. Anyway, not trying to hijack your thread, just wanted you to know I can sympathize with your wait, and know how lucky we are to actually be in positions which allow us to have new equipment. Enjoy your machine as much as I know I'll enjoy mine. I only have the one picture so far, but it definitely made me happy. IMG_20140514_131608.jpg

/ Purchased John Deere... How long does it take? #14  
About all the dealers around here are wide open trying to get planting and spraying equipment prepped and out the door for the big guys so someones the others get pushed back a bit. They'll probably jumop on it real soon. Congrats.

/ Purchased John Deere... How long does it take? #15  
Thanks. Mine was actually delivered on time and as promised, and the wife did her due diligence and sent me the required photo of my new baby being unloaded. I'm on my first of several flights in about 8 hours, and although I really miss my wife and family, I'm most anxious to see the new tractor in person. The only reason I could write that last line is my wife doesn't go on this site. Anyway, not trying to hijack your thread, just wanted you to know I can sympathize with your wait, and know how lucky we are to actually be in positions which allow us to have new equipment. Enjoy your machine as much as I know I'll enjoy mine. I only have the one picture so far, but it definitely made me happy.View attachment 375266

My word that's a trailer full. I'm surprised it made it past the local troopers for overloading. Sure does look nice. Congrats!

/ Purchased John Deere... How long does it take? #16  
Deere is running at capacity to fill orders. They are adding production on the big lines to meet demand.

It is Spring. It is always like this in Spring. Manufacturers no longer produce in advance for inventory, everything is produced just-in-time based on orders.

Nice! Now that is going to be exciting. Looks sharp and congratulations on both, coming home to be with your loving wife and family And to have fun on your new ride! Semper Fi brother and be safe!

Thanks. Mine was actually delivered on time and as promised, and the wife did her due diligence and sent me the required photo of my new baby being unloaded. I'm on my first of several flights in about 8 hours, and although I really miss my wife and family, I'm most anxious to see the new tractor in person. The only reason I could write that last line is my wife doesn't go on this site. Anyway, not trying to hijack your thread, just wanted you to know I can sympathize with your wait, and know how lucky we are to actually be in positions which allow us to have new equipment. Enjoy your machine as much as I know I'll enjoy mine. I only have the one picture so far, but it definitely made me happy.View attachment 375266

Thanks jeff9366. I was told just yesterday that it would arrive this upcoming week. No worries here and I am excited! Sales rep has been amazing and great to do business with.

It is Spring. It is always like this in Spring. Manufacturers no longer produce in advance for inventory, everything is produced just-in-time based on orders.

Well... JD and I spoke today and we are waiting on the grapple. Everything else is in. But they are wanting to install the grapple 3rd function before bringing it out. Couldn't the tractor be brought out with everything installed but the grapple and then the grapple brought out when it comes in. Or am I just being in a rush. A few more days it has been a month. Sales rep is awesome and always professional. My grass is getting high to the fact a neighbor made a comment how high it was, that in all the time I have owned the land he has never seen it this bad. None of his business of course.

/ Purchased John Deere... How long does it take? #20  
I don't think you are in a rush. I would ask for the tractor to be delivered now and then perhaps be a little flexible with respect to the delivery of the grapple. This of course assumes that the 3rd function kit is installed now. But asking to be able to use the tractor now is not unreasonable. Hopefully your grapple will be in shortly but if there are delays you could be weeks out.

So I say, bring me the new tractor.