Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Elite Member
    Fanning Springs, Gilchirst County, North-Central Florida
    Tractor
    Kubota Tractor Loader L3560 HST 37-hp / 5,400 pounds

Default Re: Purchased John Deere... How long does it take?

Quote Originally Posted by bravo2zero View Post
    Well... JD and I spoke today and we are waiting on the grapple. Everything else is in. Couldn't the tractor be brought out with everything installed but the grapple and then the grapple brought out when it comes in? A few more days it has been a month.

My grass is getting high to the fact a neighbor made a comment how high it was, that in all the time I have owned the land he has never seen it this bad.
    ITS IS SPRING. I am empathetic to your desire, but all dealerships and suppliers are overloaded with work at this time of year. Why didn't you order in February?

Quote Originally Posted by binfarm View Post
    Looking online I see the nearest X X X X tractor dealer is 55 miles away.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff9366 View Post
    If the dealer transports for repair I would expect your transport cost to be minimum of $125 inbound + $125 return = $250. Not much over dealer's cost, which will be $1 per mile, large truck + heavy duty trailer, plus labor.
    Last edited by jeff9366; 05-20-2014 at 08:23 AM.

Silver Member
    Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by jeff9366 View Post
    ITS IS SPRING. I am empathetic to your desire, but all dealerships and suppliers are overloaded with work at this time of year. Why didn't you order in February?
    I didn't have as much land in FEB. I only used a 997 and since purchased 35 plus extra acres of land. The 997 can do 10 acres with no problem but doing 50 plus or minus acres is a killer for an old fart like me. The sun takes a toll.

Silver Member
    Tractor

Well another week is going by. The dealer said this week, so crossing fingers and excited. I just want to get to work, so much to do on the land.

Silver Member
    Tractor

I sent an email to the dealer requesting that the tractor with the implements other than the grapple be brought out if the grapple didn't arrive by this week. So we will see. I was told on the phone Monday that everything should arrive to my land this week. If not then I'll go to their location and sit down with them and ask that everything be brought out with the exception of the grapple and it can be brought out on a different shipment. Providing the third function is installed. Anyhow, wish me luck. It has been a month now. I was told 2 weeks to 3 weeks. It amazes me how time zooms by. Just like life I suppose. I just hate waiting. Well I think I have been fair in waiting when told 2-3 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by TCowner View Post
    I don't think you are in a rush. I would ask for the tractor to be delivered now and then perhaps be a little flexible with respect to the delivery of the grapple. This of course assumes that the 3rd function kit is installed now. But asking to be able to use the tractor now is not unreasonable. Hopefully your grapple will be in shortly but if there are delays you could be weeks out.

So I say, bring me the new tractor.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123