Purchased John Deere... How long does it take?

/ Purchased John Deere... How long does it take? #1  

bravo2zero

Silver Member
Tractor
I purchased a John Deere 5085e Cab, MX8 pull behind, grapple, FEL, third function, and other items. I was told it would take about 2-3 weeks. It has now been 3 weeks. I was curious how long does it take for a dealer to put everything together? The sales rep is outstanding, always responds to calls and I have no beaf there. I was just curious. My tractor is on the lot, I went and looked at it again, like a teen age kid california dreaming about the car I just couldn't have.

The stereo is installed :) I am excited, so was wondering how long does it take?

I also purchased insurance that covers everything from the windshield wipers to the engine etc... :) I love the dealership and the sales rep is as professional as it gets!

/ Purchased John Deere... How long does it take? #2  
You will have it sometime next week at the latest. You can always call the sales rep and nicely ask... the squeaky wheel sometimes gets the grease and you never know, maybe you'll have it by friday. They are probably waiting for an implement to arrive or perhaps the third function kit which is dealer installed.

You are almost there.......

/ Purchased John Deere... How long does it take?
Thanks... :) I am just excited and ready to start working on the land. I love the dealership and happy with them. I was just curious how long some have had to wait. Thank you for the post.

/ Purchased John Deere... How long does it take? #5  
what dealer?

/ Purchased John Deere... How long does it take? #6  
I ordered a 5115M on April 1. June 10 is when it is supposed to arrive.

/ Purchased John Deere... How long does it take? #7  
Those crazy tractors are worth the wait.

/ Purchased John Deere... How long does it take? #8  
I was talking to my local dealer today, Deere is running at capacity to fill orders. They are adding production on the big lines to meet demand. The 5M series are darn nice machines. You will forget the wait quickly.

/ Purchased John Deere... How long does it take? #9  
First of all congratulations. I am no stranger to the waiting game, as my new tractor, which I ordered in December, is just being delivered today. Believe me, the long wait was not the fault of John Deere or the dealer, but the process of ordering and signing all my paperwork from overseas. It was averaging at least 2 weeks for mail to get from here to my dealer, and I had to send multiple packets at different times. I've got the wife taking pictures when it gets delivered, and I'll be able to see it in person on Saturday, when I get home on leave.

If it's been prepped, and is just sitting on your dealer's lot, I'm guessing you'll be seeing your new baby about the same time I'm seeing mine. Good luck and enjoy.

/ Purchased John Deere... How long does it take? #10  
Dealers shops vary a lot and none of them can install a part before it arrives. At least you don't have to wait for the main tractor to be shipped from India like I did. Seemed to take forever but was just three months. And then the wheel spacers only came with half enough bolts and that added on another week. But Charlel is right you will forget about it once you get her out on your land.