2010 bobcat ct225 vs 2006 JD 2520 price/use

/ 2010 bobcat ct225 vs 2006 JD 2520 price/use #11  
About your hour concern. If you are using it for mowing 3 acres you are going to rack up the hours faster also. I chose to keep the hours on a less expensive zero turn plus I feel it is better designed for the job. No one knows for sure how many is too many all depends on individual tractor and use however in my opinion I like to think that 4000 hours is a safe bet for most compact tractors. Many will go much more many will go less just all depends on many factors; use maintenance build quality etc. but that's what I use as a baseline. One thing for sure that Yanmar engine should be very good Look up as many threads and reviews on both as you can I have not seen a lot of problems on the bobcats. As I also was looking at both of these tractors before I purchased. I did however read a lot of things on the JD that I was a little uncomfortable with however I believe they sold more of them.

/ 2010 bobcat ct225 vs 2006 JD 2520 price/use #12  
My CK25 weighs about 5000, with the FEL and loaded R4s tires. First hand experience with the tractor you are considering, on my type of soil (a lot of red clay): serious compaction in no time. You are buying a lawn mower, above all else. Go with the lighter tractor.

Your type of soil isn't his type of soil. Where did he say he was buying a lawn mower above all else? He just said he's going to mow 3 acres regularly.

He also said he's going to drag trees, haul firewood, remove stumps, etc....all of which will be much harder with a 1,500lb tractor.

Telling someone "you should do this" is pretty silly if you haven't seen his property. I'm pretty sure my Massey with R1s will tear up a lawn quicker than your Kioti with R4s, but it doesn't bother my lawn unless it's soaked. The thing is, that doesn't matter, because it's not the OP's lawn.

/ 2010 bobcat ct225 vs 2006 JD 2520 price/use
Thanks for all of the replies. I have some more thinking to do. I don't know if I will use a finish mower, probably a rotary cutter as I have a lot of brush clearing, and then I can use it to whack down the grass that does grow. After we build the house I will throw down some seed and whatever grows is what I will be cutting. I won't be having nice sod.

How much weight is too much for mowing?

Are there any other options between those two? Something a bit more stout, but doesn't weigh as much as the bobcat? Would like to stay under 13500$.
Thanks

/ 2010 bobcat ct225 vs 2006 JD 2520 price/use #14  
I've mowed with my LS that's weighs around 5,300lbs with the FEL on....wasn't a problem, but I have pretty firm land when it hasn't rained a lot.

An LS G3033 would fit the size you're talking about (2,600lbs for the base tractor)...about 500 less than the Kioti (again, tractor only). They run about $16k with FEL, so more than you're looking to spend...and they are normally the least expensive other than Chinese brands.

/ 2010 bobcat ct225 vs 2006 JD 2520 price/use #15  
Click out kioti line up.

/ 2010 bobcat ct225 vs 2006 JD 2520 price/use #16  
Check out the kioti line up. (Darn auto correct)

Check out the kioti line up. (Darn auto correct)

The only thing that would work, and I actually think would be a very good option is the new ck2510hst. However, I am certain that will be over budget. Otherwise their ck20 isn't enough power, and then we get back into the weight issues like bobcat.

What about a mahindra max 25? Their specs seems to be pretty decent. I certainly like the 28 specs better, but of course more $$

Well I found a new Kioti 2510hst for 14,500 with loader. That is extremely appealing. I may have to go check it out. It has the HP I want and in the weight category as well with very good specs.

Although it would blow my budget and I wouldn't get able to afford any implements. Decisions decisions.

Last edited:
   / 2010 bobcat ct225 vs 2006 JD 2520 price/use #19  
Well I found a new Kioti 2510hst for 14,500 with loader. That is extremely appealing. I may have to go check it out. It has the HP I want and in the weight category as well with very good specs.

Although it would blow my budget and I wouldn't get able to afford any implements. Decisions decisions.

One additional thing to consider is tire size. For comparison, the 2510 likely puts as much pressure to the ground as the 350lb heavier LS with one size larger tires standard.

From the sounds of it (non-perfectionist lawn) it shouldn't matter either way.

One additional thing to consider is tire size. For comparison, the 2510 likely puts as much pressure to the ground as the 350lb heavier LS with one size larger tires standard.

From the sounds of it (non-perfectionist lawn) it shouldn't matter either way.

Good point, never thought of that.