JD 2032R vs B3200

/ JD 2032R vs B3200 #1  

tduncan53

Tractor
None yet
New to the forum and appreciate any help

Just bought 10ac outside of Portland. Heavily wooded with trees and brush to clear, about 5 ac to mow. land is sloped.
We plan on a garden and small orchard. Theres also a lot of grading to be done. Will pull more fence with some livestock.

Based on local dealers recommendations started looking at the JD 2025R and B2620 but thought more horsepower was a better idea.

In both cases the JDs were $1500 to $2000 more than the Kubotas (for the tractor plus loader). The implements are also cheaper. I thought I was comparing similar model tractors and was surprised at the price difference.

I've worked with a friend's JD 2320 and really like the quick disconnect front bucket and pallet forks. But it looks like there is a similar quick couple feature for the Kubotas FEL as well.

Did I miss something in the features that the JDs cost so much more? Could I get away with the smaller tractors?

Thanks Tim

/ JD 2032R vs B3200
I'm planning on some test drives this weekend. Any recommendations on function checks to bring out some differences in the models or what to look for?

/ JD 2032R vs B3200 #3  
The B2620 is not a great comparison but the B3200 is. They are both great machines and either will do fine. The B3200 has a skid steer style coupler on the loader. The B2620 does not have a quick disconnect available although you can buy the one for the B3200 and retrofit it.

I happen to hate the quarter inching valve, the use of a clutch for the PTO, and the treadle pedal but those are personal preferences. I do have a JD 2720 ( same as the 2032R) which I love and I just sold a B series Kubota ( I still have a geared B7100) so I have experience with both brands.

They are both very well made tractors and as I said, either one will be great for you.

/ JD 2032R vs B3200 #4  
I have a john deere 2320 and absolutley love it! I looked at replacing it with the 2032r, but am probaly just gonna get a larger tractor. The john deere has twin touch pedals, which are awesome. Whlist the kubota has heel toe pedals which are horrible. The john deere comes standered with a quickattach. The kubota comes with an optional one, i personaly like the kubotas style quick attach better with no pins. I have had very good luck with my john deere dealership and they really stand by their product.

/ JD 2032R vs B3200 #5  
The john deere has twin touch pedals, which are awesome. Whlist the kubota has heel toe pedals which are horrible.

Should note that it's a personal thing. I have owned and do own both brands, and both pedal arrangements work fine for me. For repetitive loader work, I might give the edge to Kubota's pedal.

/ JD 2032R vs B3200 #6  
I'd spend some time on both brands, sit in the seat, take a look at how controls are arranged and designed, and get a feel for which kind of drive pedal you prefer. If you're looking to do some tilling and chipping it's nice to have weight and horsepower behind you but guys on this site get a lot done with their SCUTs too. If you'll be in the woods often then clearance might be a factor which will push you into the CUT class. I mow my relatively small lawn with a push mower so I don't have any knowledge about tractor-mounted mowing equipment. I have 2 1/2 heavily wooded acres and bought the 2720 primarily to run a chipper and move firewood, and it's been great. A similar tractor in the brand of your choice would serve you well. Good luck with your decision.