Nortrac Tractor

/ Nortrac Tractor #1  

NMRojo

Tractor
None Yet
Has anyone done business with a company called King Tool Machine in Indonesia? King Tool Machine - The best store for tools, NorTrac, Husqvarna Mowers, northStar and Generac Generators
They sell the Nortrac tractors. The Nortrac 40XT w/FEL is what I am considering.
Anyone purchased a Nortrac and what has been your experience with it?
Thanks

/ Nortrac Tractor #2  
Pretty handy with a wrench??

How's the dealer support from king tool machine?

There's certainly some happy Chinese tractor owners here. And there's sure plenty of cheap machines on the market. For me, the price difference between them and a more proven brand like kioti, ls, tym, Kubota wasn't enough. I looked at what was being sold locally, and picked based on what fit my budget at a dealership I could deal with.

They're certainly worth a look, but I'd have to be pretty confident before i bought a nortrak or one of the other Chinese models.

/ Nortrac Tractor #3  
I would only buy from a dealer that near my home. You never know when you need service or a part.

/ Nortrac Tractor #4  
Never heard of King Tool but have heard of Northern Tool. They also sell everything you just listed and are here in the U.S.
Northern tool has been selling Nortrac tractors and dozers for quite a few years now. Northern Tool used to be Northern Hydraulic. I've been doing business with them since the 1980's. Can't find out if Northern Tool and King tool are related but they sell the same stuff. Here's a link to Northern tool. They sell the 40XT also. Nortrac is built by Jinma of China

40 HP NorTrac Tractors | Farm Tractors + Tractor Equipment | Farm + Acreage | Northern Tool + Equipment

I think you can be an LS, Kioti, Branson, Cub Cadet, Kubota, or many others for about the same price as the Nortrac with much better dealer support and parts availability.

/ Nortrac Tractor #5  
I couldn't agree more with the above statements plus one day you may want to sell it or trade up , many things to consider , and cheaper isn't always the best deal for the longer term .

/ Nortrac Tractor #6  
I have been looking at Jinma and Nortrac since I started having problems with HST on my Kubota. I like to add that all these braggin rights, hi quality, brand name machines are very complex and HST only. The Jinma suffers from very poor quality control. That is not bad design or poor materials, but random issues, early failures, with the tractors. It is a very simple machine. The Nortrac is the exact same tractor as a Jinma. Only difference is good dealer preparation and support. In spite of that, read the customer rating an most all Nortrac had at least some issue: leaky hose or seal, etc. Easy fix. A new Nortra is 2-4k more than exact same Jinma. Can you fix a leak for 4k?

What I really want to add. there seems to be a local glut of used Jinma and Nortrac around here (New England). Many under 100 hours and others under 400. price seem almost random $3500 to $5000. Some with loaders. Many home owner garaged in minty condition. One with a finish mower. One needing a pump rebuild or replace (that has a zl20 loader and is 3k!) Both 200 and 300 series, take your pick. Dirt cheap-used.

Buy a new chinese and face almost certain early problems. Terrible resale or buy used under 100 hours for 1/2 the cost and have the initial bugs fixed.

This tells me the resale on a Nortrac or Jinma is right down the tubes. Used, is a bargain for anyone with minimal mechanical ability. Parts available for Jinma online, no problem. I bet a lot cheaper than comparable Kubota parts. BTW, if you cannot repair a Kubota you are twice as screwed as with a Jinma. Heck 4 times as screwed with a broken Kubota than if you purchase a used Jinma.

Edit: Correction the 224, 100 hours, with loader needing a pump is asking 5k not 3k, sorry. Been available for a month now. No takers. A Nortrac with 300 hrs just sold for 3.5k with a finish mower. That was dropped from 4k, where there were no takers.

Last edited:
   / Nortrac Tractor #7  
What I really want to add. there seems to be a local glut of used Jinma and Nortrac around here (New England). Many under 100 hours and others under 400. price seem almost random $3500 to $5000. Some with loaders. Many home owner all ways garaged in minty condition. One with a finish mower. One needing a pump rebuild or replace (that has a zl20 loader and is 3k!) Both 200 and 300 series, take your pick. Dirt cheap-used.

Buy a new chinese and face almost certain early problems. Terrible resale or buy used under 100 hours for 1/2 the cost and have the initial bugs fixed.

This tells me the resale on a Nortrac or Jinma is right down the tubes. Used, is a bargain for anyone with minimal mechanical ability. Parts available for Jinma online, no problem. I bet a lot cheaper than comparable Kubota parts. BTW, if you cannot repair a Kubota you are twice as screwed as with a Jinma. Heck 4 times as screwed with a broken Kubota than if you purchase a used Jinma.

You make interesting points. There is a place for a Chinese tractor. Not for everyone but some will make out well. And buying a new one seems crazy.

/ Nortrac Tractor #8  
. . . BTW, if you cannot repair a Kubota you are twice as screwed as with a Jinma. Heck 4 times as screwed with a broken Kubota than if you purchase a used Jinma.

Why? I don't understand the logic.

/ Nortrac Tractor #9  
Why? I don't understand the logic.

Short version....he bought a used Kubota that he thinks may have issues with the HST, and wasn't happy with the dealer's response when he talked to them about it.

/ Nortrac Tractor #10  
Short version....he bought a used Kubota that he thinks may have issues with the HST, and wasn't happy with the dealer's response when he talked to them about it.

Ok. Good to have the back story. So, by his logic, Kubota sucks and you are much better off buying a chinese tractor. :confused2: Now I understand the story, but I still don't understand the logic. :laughing: