Picked a tractor

/ Picked a tractor #1  

QuasarZ

Silver Member
Tractor
Previous Branson 2400H. Looking for new
Well I finally decided on a tractor. After looking at a used john deere 4100 and 4115, a used kubota 2710, new massey 1526 and mahindra max 25 (just to feel it out to see if it was worth a 5 and 6 hour drive to get nice used ones), new tym 293, used bobcat ct225, used JD 2520 and a new branson 2400H I picked the branson. I wasn't a huge fan of the pedals on the kubota and the mahindra, and the TYM was already rusty, loader faded, stickers flaking and the operating area felt cramped, (I am 6'4"). I discounted the bobcat for being too heavy for my chores, and the JD 2520 as it had higher hours and really tired looking. I feel the branson has some nice weight for my chores, but still small enough to maneuver in my woods and general driving around the property, plus pretty good loader and 3pt lift capacities. I realize I won't be able to use as big or heavy of implements (brush cutters or finish mowers etc) as higher HP tractors, but the overall package I think will do me fine. I think I got a fair price, brand new for $12950 out the door. I will be picking it up next week. Now the implement search will take place.

Thanks for all of the advice leading up to my decision!

photo 1.JPGphoto 2.JPG

/ Picked a tractor
Well got it home today (temporary home until I get a road put in it at my land) and I am pretty excited. As I was driving it off the trailer I could tell I had a grin ear to ear lol. It was about 3 hours one way to get it, but the dealer was fantastic and worth the trip. I'm gonna have to fill it up and drive around the neighborhood or something haha. No new pics yet as my dang phone's camera is so intermittent. I will try and get some later. Finally in the tractor club!

Thanks again.

/ Picked a tractor #3  
Enjoy your new best helper. Keep the ROPS up where it belongs as you never get a warning about when you will need it. Watch out for you garage door though until you check for clearance. ;)

/ Picked a tractor #4  
Congratulations looks like a very nice tractor. What is first on the list of tasks that you have lined up for it?

/ Picked a tractor #5  
Enjoy your new tractor, I have a friend who has had a Branson for several years and really likes it.
Ron

/ Picked a tractor
Brush clearing will be my first project. Will probably get either the piranha tooth bar or ratchet rake, undecided yet.