need opinions pls Mahindra or Kioti ??

/ need opinions pls Mahindra or Kioti ?? #1  

oldpilgrim

Elite Member
Tractor
2014 Mahindra 3016HST
I've finally decided I want either a Mahindra or a Kioti HST.

I see pros and cons with each but I think each will do what I want or need.

I'll need around 30 hp, plus or minus, fel,bh. Ive checked then both out, top to bottom and think they're both good machines.

I'll decide on which exact model when I decide on which brand.

I have equally close and equally good sales and service locations.

I would like to know the general opinion of the readers as to which brand you would prefer of the 2.

Each is a big investment.

Thanks

/ need opinions pls Mahindra or Kioti ?? #2  
Both are good machines, but realize some Mahindras are actually made by TYM, which can be confusing, and is probably a negative (any time you're selling something someone else makes).

If the machines, price, and dealers were all equal, I'd buy the one from a country who is a better ally....S. Korea wins that hands down.

Aside from that, I think Kioti makes a more polished machine....I may be buying one soon.

/ need opinions pls Mahindra or Kioti ?? #3  
I'll need around 30 hp, plus or minus, fel,bh. Ive checked then both out, top to bottom and think they're both good machines.

I'll decide on which exact model when I decide on which brand.
Considering that some of the Mahindra units are produced in different places and others are produced by other manufactures, I would recommend you break it down to the machine from each company that you prefer first then ask the question again based on the two exact machines.

Based on your question as asked right now I would opt for the company that produces the most of their own product in house as I feel keeping quality control in check from a realistic perspective, is best done when you have control of most or all of the aspects of manufacture.

/ need opinions pls Mahindra or Kioti ?? #4  
Toss of the coin.

Both are excellent brands seriously committed to the tractor business.

/ need opinions pls Mahindra or Kioti ?? #5  
Kioti makes pretty much the whole tractor including the engine. Mahindras are made by Mitsubishi in the small ones, TYM in the bigger ones and some of mid-size use Daedong (Kioti) engines. The larger utilities,
The boxier ones are made by Mahindra in India.
The Kioti has a better fit and finish and more features in many cases. I would go Kioti.

/ need opinions pls Mahindra or Kioti ?? #6  
Both are good manufacturers. I would choose based on features, ergonomics, dealer and price.

Compare the features on each on to see which is better equipped. For example, I compared the Mahindra 5010 HST to the Kioti DK50SE HST (both with cabs). I liked the cab a little better on the Kioti, and it had better features such as the extendable lower lift arms and rear 3 point lever. After using the tractor for a while, I would hate not to have either of those features as they make hooking up 3 point attachments MUCH easier.

For me, the Kioti won on features, ergonomics and price. The same dealer sold both brands, so the Kioti won easily.

/ need opinions pls Mahindra or Kioti ?? #7  
The tractors that you would be looking at from Mahindra are built by Mitsubishi in Japan for Mahindra. The options and capabilities for both are very close, so I would go by which tractor simply feels better to you. All of the controls are not in the same exact location, so that may make a difference to you. You really need to sit on them and try them out to be sure. ;)

/ need opinions pls Mahindra or Kioti ?? #8  
Kioti makes pretty much the whole tractor including the engine. Mahindras are made by Mitsubishi in the small ones, TYM in the bigger ones and some of mid-size use Daedong (Kioti) engines. The larger utilities,
The boxier ones are made by Mahindra in India.
The Kioti has a better fit and finish and more features in many cases. I would go Kioti.

??????? So the 35 and 60 series tractors made by Mahindra in India are boxy? :confused2: Yes the 25 & [URL="http://mahindrausa.com/tractors/30-series/4530-4wd-shuttle"]30 series [/URL]tractors are more old fashioned and are their economy series tractors.

Your statement makes it sound as if all the Mahindra tractors made in India are "boxier" when it is only their economy models, in my mind anyway. Not that any of this pertains to the OP's question regarding 30HP tractors. :wink:

/ need opinions pls Mahindra or Kioti ?? #9  
As a two time Kioti owner, I would opt for Kioti. The dealer I bought my DK40SE from is also a Mahindra dealer, so I saw them side by side. Check out their relative gross weights. There is very little you will do with a tractor where more weight is not an asset. A bit of trivia - at least three Mahindra models use Kioti engines.

I think they're both good brands, but the Kioti has the edge IMO.

/ need opinions pls Mahindra or Kioti ?? #10  
I looked at all 60ish hp marques and in the case of the Mahindra, cab on, it started hard in 35°F weather and a ceiling vent literally fell off in my hand when I tried to adjust it.

The Kioti started easy and had a better fit and finish as well as a sense that people spent time refining the controls. Kioti is also ISO 9001 and 14000 certified, which really does make it a world-class manufacturer.