Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
    Bronze Member
    Tractor
    kubota

Default Re: Scag is crap Should have bought a Kubota ZTR

Quote Originally Posted by mikehaugen View Post
    This is ridiculous. What are doing in meantime? Are going to remember how to mow if/when you finally get it back?
    Well I have been able to mow with the mower a few times this summer and then it will break. I also have hired out the mowing through a Lawn Service. What else can I do ?
    I have though about buying another John Deer 140 from Lowes for a backup. Had riding mowers from Lowes and Home Depot forever until the Scag. Even the cheap riders will last 5-7 years with little or no trouble.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 1070

Perhaps the dealer needs to give you a demo... would motivate them to get yours done faster.

Tractor
    '10 Kioti DK 40se/hst KL-401 FEL, loaded tires, KB-2485 bhoe, Tuffline TB160 boxblade, Woods QA forks, MIE Hydraulic bhoe thumb & ripper tooth, Igland 4001 winch, & GR-20 Log Grapple. Woods BBX72" Mower. Diamondplate aluminum canopy.

It's fing beyond ridiculous!
    It's not the space shuttle!
    Maybe you should go get it park it on your lawn with a huge poster of a lemon and say Scag sux! on the poster. Send a pic to Scag corporate and see what they want to do for you then?!

I mean, this 'dealer' must have just parked it and written you and it off as unfixable?!
    Is there no one in charge down there? Can you talk to the owner and get his attention on your mower, or something.....
    2010 DK-40se/hst, KL-401 FEL, (reversible cutting edge), Titan Tree Shear. 72" Ratchet Rake. Fit Rite Top-N-Tilt hydraulics & diverter. HLA Series 2000 7' plow, Aquiline MPC rear chains. Samuri Sickle bar.

2015 Husky AWD Rider 322T Combi 103 deck. Scag Wildcat: Kawasaki 26HP, bagger. Dr. brush mower, & 42" lawn deck, Dr. self propelled, 6.5HP Trimmer mower. Pro-Mow 3 gang, no HP.

Bunch of STIHL chainsaws: 011x 2, MS192T, MS200T, MS180C, MS230, MS270 (Wood Boss), 038 Farmboss.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 1070

Quote Originally Posted by gmccall View Post
    I also have hired out the mowing through a Lawn Service. What else can I do ?
    Maybe you need to send the lawn service bills to corporate along with a very descriptive letter, perhaps including the url for this thread? You gotta get their attention somehow!

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    kubota

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote machine View Post
    It's fing beyond ridiculous!
    It's not the space shuttle!
    Maybe you should go get it park it on your lawn with a huge poster of a lemon and say Scag sux! on the poster. Send a pic to Scag corporate and see what they want to do for you then?!

I mean, this 'dealer' must have just parked it and written you and it off as unfixable?!
    Is there no one in charge down there? Can you talk to the owner and get his attention on your mower, or something.....

HERE I GO AGAIN ! Shop called me 20 minutes ago and said the starter is in and they would put it on ASAP.
    Their supposed to call me in a couple of hours and let me know when I can pick the mower up.

I have even talked to a Scag rep about some of the issues but not about waiting on parts.

I FEEL LIKE the cartoon character Charlie Brown when he goes to Kick the football and Lucy pulls the ball away...........again and again and again.

FTR You can not get a Scag rep in my area to return a call

Elite Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 1070

A couple hours to replace a starter is asap? Is this a busy shop?

Veteran Member
    Jefferson County, Mo, ... about 35 miles out of St. Louis.
    Tractor
    Bobcat 235, Gravely ZTR.

Anyway, for what it is worth, GOOD LUCK. You deserve a good outcome.

MoKelly

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    kubota

Quote Originally Posted by gmccall View Post
    HERE I GO AGAIN ! Shop called me 20 minutes ago and said the starter is in and they would put it on ASAP.
    Their supposed to call me in a couple of hours and let me know when I can pick the mower up.

I have even talked to a Scag rep about some of the issues but not about waiting on parts.

I FEEL LIKE the cartoon character Charlie Brown when he goes to Kick the football and Lucy pulls the ball away...........again and again and again.

FTR You can not get a Scag rep in my area to return a call

UPDATE
    !!

Picked mower up last Wednesday. Starter/Solenoid was replaced and mower started when hot a few times this past weekend.

So far all is working OK, although there seemed some hesitation on the starter kicking over when I turned the key.

But so far so good

Tractor
    '10 Kioti DK 40se/hst KL-401 FEL, loaded tires, KB-2485 bhoe, Tuffline TB160 boxblade, Woods QA forks, MIE Hydraulic bhoe thumb & ripper tooth, Igland 4001 winch, & GR-20 Log Grapple. Woods BBX72" Mower. Diamondplate aluminum canopy.

That sounds good. Not sure what you mean by 'seemed some hesitation...'
    Does the starter lag the turning of the keyswitch?
    Can you count time going by? 1/1000, 2/1000, etc.?
    2010 DK-40se/hst, KL-401 FEL, (reversible cutting edge), Titan Tree Shear. 72" Ratchet Rake. Fit Rite Top-N-Tilt hydraulics & diverter. HLA Series 2000 7' plow, Aquiline MPC rear chains. Samuri Sickle bar.

2015 Husky AWD Rider 322T Combi 103 deck. Scag Wildcat: Kawasaki 26HP, bagger. Dr. brush mower, & 42" lawn deck, Dr. self propelled, 6.5HP Trimmer mower. Pro-Mow 3 gang, no HP.

Bunch of STIHL chainsaws: 011x 2, MS192T, MS200T, MS180C, MS230, MS270 (Wood Boss), 038 Farmboss.

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    kubota

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote machine View Post
    That sounds good. Not sure what you mean by 'seemed some hesitation...'
    Does the starter lag the turning of the keyswitch?
    Can you count time going by? 1/1000, 2/1000, etc.?

The first time I would turn the key there might be nothing happen but then when I turn the key the engine starts right up.
    This happened a few times but maybe I am turning the key to softly.
    Going to mow again today so I will see if there is some hesitation.

Nice to have the mower working again.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast