Buying Advice Been looking for a tractor

/ Been looking for a tractor #1  

Bubba2349

Tractor
Shopping for a good Tractor
Need a small tractor or riding lawn mower that can also do some snow removal. My new place has about 3/4 AC. To mow with some hills and several driveways about 1500 ft to clear when it snows. Looked at some new John Deere's seem pretty high priced so also looking at some used tractors like John Deere, Yamar, Nortrac, Ford, Kubota. I am retired mechanic and don't mind doing some work though need something that is somewhat reliable. Thank you for any info

/ Been looking for a tractor #2  
Maybe a Garden Tractor is the way to go for you. Something in the 25HP range with say a 50 to 60 inch deck and a Snow blower attachment. Unless you prefer a plow.

/ Been looking for a tractor #3  
I'd agree that a garden tractor is what you would be happier with, unless you are just mowing grass, then a big box store mower would work for you. Properly cared for one could last you a long time. I got at an auction last year a used Husqvarna (what they call) light garden tractor with a front blade for snow, it didn't cut it last winter except when the snow was very light and then it was hardly worth it (all of our vehicles are 4WD so we just drive over it). I had to use the Ford 8N with a back blade to do the driveway (about 1,000 feet total) when it got heavier. I'd prefer a snow blower on a garden tractor or a blower on my Mahindra eMax 22 but that would be cost prohibitive for us right now since we just got the Mahindra. When we get blowing and drifting snow I have to use a small hand pushed blower to cut out the drifted area to get the tractor in to push the snow aside, a real pain and very time consuming. I'm thinking the loader on the eMax will work too now. The Husqvarna mows great though, the 54" deck makes quicker work of the grass areas on my 8 acres (about 6.5 acres is in pasture however and not mowed with it).

You need to consider the maximum width of the deck that you can use around your place. I can use the 54" in most places but I kept the old 46" MTD-build mower to get around things too close to the fences for the bigger deck and to use in the ditches along the driveway where the 54" just doesn't fit. If I had to replace both mowers I'd have to get a 46" deck, despite the time saving the bigger one provides.

You might consider a used JD or a Cub Cadet, there are lots of them available and parts are pretty readily available. Kubota made some small garden size tractors. I think Sears sells (or sold) some true garden tractors. There are other brands out there too, I'm just not familiar with what they might be.

/ Been looking for a tractor #4  
I been looking for a tractor like you....to come into my life....I've been waiting for a tractor who will come and will provide...

Ok...I will go now.