Help me decide which subcut

/ Help me decide which subcut #1  

cmkh3

Silver Member
Tractor
John Deere 322
I have visited and driven 5 subcuts as follows in order of how far away from me the dealerships are. 20 minutes = John Deere the 1025r, 45 minutes = Kubota the BX25D, 90 minutes = Mahindra 28XL hydro, and the Branson 2400h at the same dealer, 30 minutes further came Massey Ferguson and the 1720TLB, at least they are all marketed as subcuts. I like the feel of the two pedal (forward/reverse) setup. The angle on the treadle doesn't feel comfortable. The Massey had the most comfortable seat with the JD right there as well. If I look at my available pricing it would have to be Massey is cheapest then Branson then Mahindra tied with Kubota and most expensive JD. I really wonder which is going to have the best chance of a long life, living and working on a hillside to clean it up and cut trails etc. while dodging in and out of the trees. I'm thinking smaller and nimbler would be better attributes.
Perhaps you know of another I should consider as well?
Thanks
Chris

/ Help me decide which subcut #2  
Long before my needs changed and I was looking at Sub compacts, the Massey won.

/ Help me decide which subcut
Do you know what the ground clearance of the GC 1720 is with the subframe on it?
Thanks
Chris

/ Help me decide which subcut #4  
Do you know what the ground clearance of the GC 1720 is with the subframe on it?
Thanks
Chris

Very similar to everything in its class. The Massey got the nod for its speedy hydros.

/ Help me decide which subcut #5  
I shopped them all, and really liked the Massey. But I ended up with the Kubota. I shopped them all except the LS no dealer at the time near by. After driving them all it really came down to who wanted my business the most. Kubota ended up being near the top but I got a general feeling about the dealer that made me end up going with them. At first I was a bit put off by the sales guys approach, but in the end I made a visit to the dealer and the sales guy I talked to was not there, so I talked to the owner. The owner really made the sale.

Personally I think that when looking at these little machines they are all so close it really is a wash. However I do think that the JD has the best seat in the line.

I really can't put my finger on what I liked about the GC, but there was something. Another big part of the choice was the Land Pride grapple. It was made around the BX, but could be "made to work" on the others. That also carried some weight. If you are clearing woods I think you would love to have a grapple.