Mahindra Max 28 verus Mahindra Max 24

/ Mahindra Max 28 verus Mahindra Max 24 #1  

harlee22

Tractor
looking to buy
I have narrowed my search down to one of the above. Can anybody compare both these tractors? The max 24 is $1800.00 less expensive!

/ Mahindra Max 28 verus Mahindra Max 24 #2  
If it's only $1800 difference I would get the 28. More comfortable and more power when you need it. It's cheaper than going back later and upgrading.

Also the 24 is the newer emissions (more expensive replacement parts?) and has been on the market less time (potential bugs?)

/ Mahindra Max 28 verus Mahindra Max 24 #3  
With the introduction of the eMax line Mahindra consolidated the Max22 and Max25 into the Max24. They (the Max, not eMax) are the same tractor with the addition of a few cosmetic changes on the Max24. The engine has not changed from the Max22/25 as the gross hp is below the hp mandate for the added emission control systems.

To the OP, how many acres do you have and what do you want to do?

/ Mahindra Max 28 verus Mahindra Max 24 #5  
chvfrk98, you are right and ODT is right. The new Max's comply with Tier IV, but since they are under 25.9HP, they required not much more than a label to pass. At 26HP things ramp up a bunch on standards.

The Max 28 has more legroom and tilt wheel, that makes a difference if you are a big or tall guy, or both. The Max28 runs a larger tire and lifts a little more in the bucket. Both tractors are very capable.