Kubota M7060, M8560, M9960 price in Canada

/ Kubota M7060, M8560, M9960 price in Canada #1  

nwind

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota M9960, L3800HST, RTV 900
Guys,

I'm getting these quotes from the local dealer in Ontario, Canada. All are 0% 60 months Kubota's financing

M7060 (cab, 12 speed, radio, AC, front/rear wiper, rear defrost + M26 self-leveling loader) - $47,227 + $9,993
M8560 (fender kit, cab, 12 speed, radio, AC, front/rear wiper, rear defrost + M36 self-leveling loader) - $49,621 + $11,332
M9960 (cab, 12 speed, radio, AC, front/rear wiper, rear defrost + M46 self-leveling loader) - $55,001 + $11,332

Another possible option is a 1 year old (86hrs) still on Kubota's warranty:

M9960 (cab, 12 speed, radio, AC, front/read wiper, rear defrost + M46 self-leveling loader, 3rd function, soft drive and 2 sets of tires (AG cast centers & turf + weight)).

Last one I need to finance with my own loan and in 5 years with interest it will be $61,000 total.

Perhaps some of you recently purchased one of these tractors and can give me some ideas about how good these prices are.

Thanks for help.

Last edited:
   / Kubota M7060, M8560, M9960 price in Canada #2  
I can't help you with prices, but if those are your choices, I would be all over the 86 hour machine. It isn't even broke in yet. Have you seen it? If it still looks new, I wouldn't worry about the hours what so ever. Maybe spring for an extended warranty if that would make you feel better. Other wise the new M8560 would be my next choice.

Good luck with your decision. ;)

/ Kubota M7060, M8560, M9960 price in Canada #3  
I'm with Brian, can't help you on the pricing. The difference in price between the 8560 and 9960 seems a bit steep but I don't know the difference in the loaders. As for the tractors, you basically get 14HP and a size larger tires.

We need some fellow Canadians to get in on this discussion. :)

/ Kubota M7060, M8560, M9960 price in Canada
These are exactly the my choices too :)
I'm more inclined toward 1 year old M9960.
M8560 & M9960 do have the same loaders and almost the same weight.
One year old M9960 has some useful extra features and according to my dealer in extremely good condition.

Still would be interesting to know do I getting fare prices or need to bargaining more :)

Last edited:
   / Kubota M7060, M8560, M9960 price in Canada #5  
This is hard to tell. If I feel that I am getting a fair price, I just pay that price. If not, ask for a lower price.

In the end, nothing is lost when asking for a lower price, all they can say is no, and then you are where you're at anyway.

Good luck again. ;)

Fair enough :)

/ Kubota M7060, M8560, M9960 price in Canada #7  
I live in Ontario but my info is a little out of date. In Oct 2012, I bought a new M7040 with cab and FEL for $41,000 cash including a second remote.
At that time of the year the Kubota rep was giving the dealer a $1,500 discount to apply to certain tractors which the dealer passed on to me.
I also opted for the industrial tires, like on a backhoe (think they are called R4's) rather than the radials (R1's) This save at least $1,500.
I wanted the industrial tires because they do not tear up lawns etc like the serious farm tires do and I have not had traction problems even in the winter blowing snow with an inverted blower.
At this time of the year all the serious farmers are buying and with demand high prices are high + no incentives.
Do you have a need for the self leveling FEL? Otherwise I would pass on it.
I am not a licensed farmer so to avoid the GST tax I wanted a tractor with more than 60 pto hp.
My dealer is Green Valley Kubota.
Dave M7040

I live in Ontario but my info is a little out of date. In Oct 2012, I bought a new M7040 with cab and FEL for $41,000 cash including a second remote.
At that time of the year the Kubota rep was giving the dealer a $1,500 discount to apply to certain tractors which the dealer passed on to me.
I also opted for the industrial tires, like on a backhoe (think they are called R4's) rather than the radials (R1's) This save at least $1,500.
I wanted the industrial tires because they do not tear up lawns etc like the serious farm tires do and I have not had traction problems even in the winter blowing snow with an inverted blower.
At this time of the year all the serious farmers are buying and with demand high prices are high + no incentives.
Do you have a need for the self leveling FEL? Otherwise I would pass on it.
I am not a licensed farmer so to avoid the GST tax I wanted a tractor with more than 60 pto hp.
My dealer is Green Valley Kubota.
Dave M7040

Thanks for the info Dave,

Now I can't find any used M7040 in a good conditions for the same price as you where paying for the new one.

More I'm reading about DPF filters less I like them. It's a good idea in general but technology so immature, expensive and unreliable.
I wish I can get tier III engine tractor but they are all gone.

/ Kubota M7060, M8560, M9960 price in Canada #9  
Toe neighbors and I have 7060, M135GX, and M100GX. Not sure why the DPF is such a concern to everyone. Yes, trucks have had their problems because everyone tried to builder a less expensive solution and ended up making their customers suffer. Kubota's solution is not the best in my opinion but I kept my fingers crossed that they paid attention to the warranty required for anything envisions related and realized if they screwed up it could cost them big bucks like Navistar found out on their low cost truck solution. Yes, paying attention to you work so you don't end up with a parked regen is a nuisance, but when I drive my M135GX and don't have to put up with the smoke of my very smelly and smokey L5740, or watch the smoke from the JD7720, I can't complain. I was hoping that with everyone saying how much they hated the Tier 4 final for the L5740 class that my L5740 would be so valuable it would cost me virtually nothing to replace it with a L6060. Dream on - my dealer's words, and what I have seen on the Internet too. I don't like the L5740 setting off the smoke detector in the garage but I don't hate it $15,000 worth.

I guess time will tell and cross my fingers too.
Most info in internet for sure related to trucks.

Looks like I'm getting this one year old M9960 with 86hrs. Going to check it on the begging of the next week.
I would be OK with smaller one but some required FEL work and regular dealing with round bales to feed cows with uneven terrain make me want a heavier tractor.
I hope it's not going to be too big for snow cleaning (snow plow) around my farm. One of the L with cab would be an ideal but I can't have them both now.