Deere 2025r or kubota b2650

/ Deere 2025r or kubota b2650 #1  

Albian

Tractor
Nothing right now. Looking to buy
Hello everyone
Been reading here for awhile finally signed up. So I am in the market for my first tractor. I have two aces right now and plan on buying a bigger place in a couple years. I will use the tractor for loader work, MMM, and whatever I can figure out. So far I am looking at john deere 2025r or kubota b2650. Both are fairly new so I haven't found too much to read online so any in site on the pros vs cons of each model would be great! Please keep in mind this will be my first tractor ever.
Thanks

/ Deere 2025r or kubota b2650 #2  
Welcome to the forum.

I do not know anything about the Kubota.

I did own a John Deere 2320 a few years ago. The 2025r is the same tractor as the 2320 with 2025r decals on it.

You should be able to find lots of information on the 2320.

I was very happy with the 2320 & never had any problems with it. I end up trading the 2320 for a 2720. That was the worst trade I ever made.

/ Deere 2025r or kubota b2650
Welcome to the forum.

I do not know anything about the Kubota.

I did own a John Deere 2320 a few years ago. The 2025r is the same tractor as the 2320 with 2025r decals on it.

You should be able to find lots of information on the 2320.

I was very happy with the 2320 & never had any problems with it. I end up trading the 2320 for a 2720. That was the worst trade I ever made.

Thanks for the reply . I see you have a 1026r. How do you like that? Did you prefer the 2320 over it?

/ Deere 2025r or kubota b2650 #4  
You should go look at both and drive them. The differences will be very apparent. Also consider how each dealer treats you, and the pricing. Factor all that in and the decision will be made! That's pretty much how it worked when I was cross-shopping the two brands. Both are great tractors and you can't go wrong either way.

/ Deere 2025r or kubota b2650 #5  
Like others have already said, either will be great. The only thing I would suggest is that you find the size of frame that fits your needs, then buy the highest HP possible within that frame size. For example, there are a few B's from Kubota. The 2650 is the same physical size as the 3350, but the 3350 will handle larger PTO driven Implements. I bought a 2620, and regret not spending the little extra for a 2920 just for the two or three extra PTO HP.

/ Deere 2025r or kubota b2650 #6  
Thanks for the reply . I see you have a 1026r. How do you like that? Did you prefer the 2320 over it?

I do not have a loader for the 1026r. I use it mainly for mowing. I also have a tiller & front blade. I have a 4120 for a loader tractor.

For mowing I prefer the 1026 over the 2320, just because it has a smaller frame & can fit into tighter spaces. Also the auto connect deck on the 1026r is amazing. The 2320 did a great job of mowing

The 2320 would be a better loader tractor.

As someone else said. Drive the tractors before purchase & on your property if at all possible.

/ Deere 2025r or kubota b2650 #7  
I chose the B2650 for a couple reasons , it is not tier 4 , it was enough hp for what I will use it for , and less money , over $ 2000 if I remember right . I may have bought green as the dealer is so much closer but the tractor I wanted wouldn't fit in my garage with the cab .

/ Deere 2025r or kubota b2650
I do not have a loader for the 1026r. I use it mainly for mowing. I also have a tiller & front blade. I have a 4120 for a loader tractor.

For mowing I prefer the 1026 over the 2320, just because it has a smaller frame & can fit into tighter spaces. Also the auto connect deck on the 1026r is amazing. The 2320 did a great job of mowing

The 2320 would be a better loader tractor.

As someone else said. Drive the tractors before purchase & on your property if at all possible.

So just to throw another loop in it all. Today I looked at the 1026r with backhoe. They didn't have a 2025r to compare the sizes. Is there a big difference? Also is it worth the extra money for the backhoe? Do they really dig or is it better to just rent a small backhoe and buy the 2000 series over the 1000 series? Hoping to drive kubota the weekend

/ Deere 2025r or kubota b2650 #9  
So just to throw another loop in it all. Today I looked at the 1026r with backhoe. They didn't have a 2025r to compare the sizes. Is there a big difference? Also is it worth the extra money for the backhoe? Do they really dig or is it better to just rent a small backhoe and buy the 2000 series over the 1000 series? Hoping to drive kubota the weekend

I bought my Mahindra Max25 with the backhoe. I was able to dig a 6' x 12' about 5'5" deep in about 6 hours (it's a burn pit). That was my first practice with it. The other thing is that the prior owner worked for the railroad. He got the old railroad ties and used them as fence posts. With a good chain and the BH I'm able to pull them out relatively easily. I usually have to knock them around some with the BH. I don't think I could do it as easily with just the FEL. I also have a bunch of piles of dirt that were left behind and have grown over with grass. I allows me to break them up with the BH and then use the FEL to move and spread it around the property and fill the post holes.

And if you're financing the tractor -- it makes it easier to just include it in the first place. There is a subframe that needs to be added to install it later.

/ Deere 2025r or kubota b2650 #10  
A backhoe is nice to have around when you need it. The advantage of owing one over renting is that you can do tasks with the backhoe at your convenience & pace. If you rent a backhoe, your tasks have to be done at the availability of the rental backhoe at the rental store. Then you will be rushing to get tasks done so you can get the machine returned as quickly as possible. The downside of renting over owning is that it is a lot of money to tie up in a piece of equipment if you do not have a lot uses for it.

A quick attach backhoe is also available for the 2025r.