Wife gives dealership honest review

/ Wife gives dealership honest review #1  

40Kchicks

Gold Member
Tractor
2003 Kubota M9000DTL 2001 JD 2252 Orchard Tractor Cat 216 Skidsteer 1999 JD 450H Dozer 1994 JD 644G wheel loader
A funny thing happened yesterday. My wife found a super deal on a gooseneck stock trailer so she went and looked at it. The owner come out with a JD hat, shirt, and his property was littered with JD equipment. My wife was checking out a tractor and told the guy that we had just bought a new Kubota this fall. He told her that was too bad because the JD tractor was a superior machine. So she told the guy about how the local JD dealerships had presented us with list prices and then told us they would get some more information on the type of tractor we needed and call us. We never heard from them again. The guy was shocked. He then told my wife that he worked for those same dealerships. (They are all owned by the same person). /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

So I guess this guy got an honest outside look at what that dealership was doing. I hope he goes back this week and tells his boss my wife’s story.

Also we all have different needs and reasons for picking what we bought. I wouldn’t tell you that you that my brand is better than your brand after you decided what best fit your needs. That would be just asking for hurt feelings.

I would have liked to be there in the background while my wife told him that story. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Please understand that I have nothing against JD. I love their products. This story is just about my local dealership and how we were treated on this one occasion. Others have had great experiences with this dealership and I hold nothing against them except that they passed on my business this time.

Eric

/ Wife gives dealership honest review #2  
Thats why they make so many different colors. Not everyone likes the same thing and I am glad to see that you are not as closed minded as this dealer. I too feel like they all make nice units and wouldn't put someone down because they don't have the same color as mine. I'm not so sure I wouldn't call the owner and explain in a nice manner what had happened.

/ Wife gives dealership honest review #3  
It was this exact attitude that made me go to John Deere from Kubota and New Holland. The Kubota dealer said the same thing about the deere and NH equipment. The NH dealer never even called. The JD dealers here have treated me like gold. When I tell them about the stories on here how other jd dealers treat people they are shocked. Kind of like some people are on here when I tell them how kubota treated me.

/ Wife gives dealership honest review #4  
You get all kinds out there. For me, my biggest complaint was the Kubota dealer and how he be-littled New Holland and me for even thinking of them. I had no intention of even looking at a New Holland until this guy bad mouthed them so much. I had to go see how bad they were. Gee I drove home with a New Holland. Again the color isn't so important. It is the dealer and if dealers only knew why people went across the street they would totally change their ways of selling.

murph

/ Wife gives dealership honest review #5  
Murph,

Yes it's pretty funny. That is exactly what the kubota dealer here said about JD. What's even more ironic is that people on here accuse me of being some deere fanatic on here but I never set out to even purchase deere when I started buying equipment some years back. I set out to buy kubota and deere won me over with their great customer service, corporate support, and what I feel are some really great pieces of equipment. If the kubota dealer had treated me right I would probably have bought kubota tractors.

/ Wife gives dealership honest review #6  
Well, I was treated poorly but JD, NH, Kubota and Cub.... Hmmmmm... that's the fourth dealer today... maybe it's me /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

But seriously, dealers of all brands can make it or break it when it comes to customer relations.

/ Wife gives dealership honest review #7  
That is a similar reason I went with NH over the others. I was at the MF dealership ( MF and NH were the two lowest price dealers in my area, looking at orange and green.. they were high priced.. ) Anyway.. the MF dealership pounded the NH units.. said his were better.. etc. So therefor I drove directly over to the NH dealership to get their 'story'. I expected the same rhetoric... blue is better.. but instead, I just got sales pitch, and the only reference to red that I got was when taliing about the economy line of tractors.. like the 3010S, and some of the smaller non-deluxe TC series. The salesman specifically said that these units were more or less in the same price / hp / feature range as the MF, and was their competing product... but no badmouthing...I was impressed.

While I didn't buy that day... I did come back a week later and buy blue... customer service was good..

But boy.. those two hats I got were expensive... luckily they thre in the tractor for free.

Soundguy

/ Wife gives dealership honest review #8  
Most people will bad mouth or belittle something when they are scared of it or dont know or understand anything about it. The first thing I learned in sales was never to say bad things about your competition it just makes people mad. On the other hand people seem to like it when you point out some of the major differences between brands.

/ Wife gives dealership honest review #9  
I always figured if a salesperson was willing to discuss the strengths of his/her competition, I was talking to a truly honest and knowledgeable person. I also felt good about the person because clearly (s)he was not afraid of the competition and would always be able to intelligently balance their product against the competition. So I tend to stick with the individual, even if the price is a little higher.

/ Wife gives dealership honest review #10  
<font color="blue"> So I tend to stick with the individual, even if the price is a little higher. </font>

We are a Kioti dealer and have a excellent product value for the dollar spent. At our dealership, we try to have 1 salesman talk with the wife and get to know about her interests, concerns, expectations and prioritys while the other salesman talks to the husband about tractor features and applications. most of the time, the wife makes gives the final go ahead based on first impression of presentation.--Ken Sweet
Sweet Farm Equipment Co *Chamber of Commerce Small Business of The Year*